Can't restart phone

ryanzor

Reaction score
First let me say I really don't know what I'm doing so I'm hoping the solution is simple. I'm using a droid aria. I've been trying to install the cryogen mod following these instructions http://www.addictive...m-on-htc-aria/. I think I followed the instructions accurately. Unfortunately, I've gotten an error and worse I can't leave the error screen. None of the buttons are doing anything.

the error is:
"assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot")
E:Error in /sdcard/ARIACM6.1.1GB.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted."

While knowing what went wrong would be nice I mostly just want to be able to use the phone again.

Here is an image of what is happening:
0701111543a.jpg

comk4ver

Reaction score
You link doesn't work and your picture isn't loading... any chance you made a backup?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
R

ryanzor

Reaction score
I did make a backup and just figured out how to take the batteries out. Everything seems to be working alright so I think I'm in the clear.

nvasquez1974

Reaction score
Hi! I am also new to this. My problem is somewhat similar to yours as my phone doesn't restart too! It started when my phone died out when I deleted my facebook app. When I tried to restart it, It just won't! It only shows the word "DROID" over and over but it wasn't able to restart. I tried taking out the battery but nothing happened! Please help me...

Thanks in advance! Really appreciate it.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Hi! I am also new to this. My problem is somewhat similar to yours as my phone doesn't restart too! It started when my phone died out when I deleted my facebook app. When I tried to restart it, It just won't! It only shows the word "DROID" over and over but it wasn't able to restart. I tried taking out the battery but nothing happened! Please help me...

Thanks in advance! Really appreciate it.

What phone is it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums