1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

lost root, cant recover, cant flash...but phone boots

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by RnD_Solo, Aug 29, 2010.

1. RnD_Solo

RnD_Solo New Member

ok. i dont know WHAT happened...i was trying to use adb to remove some files, and it wouldnt work. (But titanium would???????????) Now when trying to use titanium, im getting a message telling me i no longer have root. i said, ok, what the hell, ill just go back to stock..

started rsdlite, followed instructions..flashfailed..ok..rebooted phone, boots up no problem..

redid the clockwork mod to try to install froyo...it fails. gives message:

verifying current file system
    assert failed" apply_patch_check (" /system/app/AccountAndSyncSettings.apl" "984563495643(long string of numbers)" "89569438anotherstring" "another string"
    E:Error in /sdcard/droidx_rooted_froyo.zip
    (status 7)
    Installation aborted.
    E: Cant open /tmp/recoery.log

but i can reboot it and go back to the main screen. and by the way, i dont remember deleting that account and sync file. im gonna check it now if i can get in.

btw...i CAN use the clockwork mod to load the 921 black glass theme...so i dont know what that works but 2.2 doesnt..kinda lost here. lol
  2. RnD_Solo

RnD_Solo New Member

ok i got it going back to stock..had to tweak rsdlite...well start over from here..

can anyone pm me and point me towards a stable froyo (if there is on) or should i stick with 2.1 and my theme for now?
  3. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

dude im still helping you in the other thread no need to make another one
  4. RnD_Solo

RnD_Solo New Member

lol..i thought you had left man..i figured that wasnt the right forum anyways.
  5. RnD_Solo

RnD_Solo New Member

cant get root back...i dont know what has changed, but none of the rooting guides are working for me. when i get to the exploid step...i get permission denied, when i try to write into the sql i get read only file syste,
  6. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

use androot
  7. RnD_Solo

RnD_Solo New Member

androot didnt work, adb didnt work, adb root from the pc didnt work, doing it in the terminal on the phone didnt work...

i cant copy and run the exploid for some reason..i dont know why. im flashing AGAIN right now, im gonna run androot before i do ANYTHING else.

im thinking maybe using the wrong cable last time might not of given me a full flash or something.