Can't install app

Reaction score
So I was trying to install app from the market as well as update an old one and got message that was unsuccessful and also says unable to install to usb storage or sd card. I haven't changed anything since it last worked right and I tried to restart but other sd card reliant features working any advice??

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
This happened to me after an sbf one time. Until it just magically reverted, i just downloaded my apps and updates from the market webpage using my phones browser

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

Myndmayze

Reaction score
Was the app moved to sdcard? If it was try moving back to phone and retry updating. Other than that all I could suggest is uninstalling market update and clearing data/cache in market... reboot and give it another go. Also if the app was installed from another source (downloaded online and put on through sdcard) uninstall it and try downloading it after that.

OP
really fascinating
Reaction score
I guess I could try that hopefully will just fix itself because im lost here aside from installing my back up and thus reverting everthing to how it was a month ago im not sure what else to do

OP
really fascinating
Reaction score
Well the main issue is the new app im trying to install it downloads fine but wont install

Myndmayze

Reaction score
ive had that issue before, I cant remember what i did to manipulate it to work. it was either canceling the download before it finishes downloading and attempting to dowload it again, or uninstalling market update through settings and clearing cache/data in phone settings. If you're running a version of gingerbread there's a market fix apk that jrummy created that could be found @ Droid x (2.3.3) Gingerbread - Deodexed and Rooted
I'm not certain if that'll help download problems, or if it's simply to fix apps that aren't showing up in the market though

kirbnite

Reaction score
So I was trying to install app from the market as well as update an old one and got message that was unsuccessful and also says unable to install to usb storage or sd card. I haven't changed anything since it last worked right and I tried to restart but other sd card reliant features working any advice??

This is an easy fix.

Very important to un-mount the sd card in the steps below for issue to be resolved.

Un-mount your sd card. Power off the phone. Remove the sd card. Power on phone. Download market app and updates. Power off the phone. Insert sd card. Power on phone. Fixed

Download from market if you choose.

Caused by some apk that upon install, saved to the sd card and caused an issue some how.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

msscull

Reaction score
Unmount the SD card and then download again. Then the app should install no problems. After install mount the SD card.

A little work but takes care of the issue for me every time. Do not know why.

Have to do this on some updates also.

kirbnite

Reaction score
Unmount the SD card and then download again. Then the app should install no problems. After install mount the SD card.

A little work but takes care of the issue for me every time. Do not know why.

Have to do this on some updates also.

If you follow my steps, you won't have to un-mount each time you go to the market after the fix.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good to know for the future. Stupid question. Where do you find the market. Apk?

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

OP
really fascinating
Reaction score

This is an easy fix.

Very important to un-mount the sd card in the steps below for issue to be resolved.

Un-mount your sd card. Power off the phone. Remove the sd card. Power on phone. Download market app and updates. Power off the phone. Insert sd card. Power on phone. Fixed

Caused by some apk that upon install, saved to the sd card and caused an issue some how.

That worked like a charm! Thank you. Im always so glad that everyones smarter than me...lol

kirbnite

Reaction score

This is an easy fix.

That worked like a charm! Thank you. Im always so glad that everyones smarter than me...lol

Not smarter, just had the issue before. Call it experienced.

AuroraDaliwr

Reaction score

This is an easy fix.

I'd like to say thank you as well. I was having the same problem with my Droid and now it works. :)

kirbnite

Reaction score
Im always glad to help. That is why these forums are invaluable.

We have a question, opinion, or a problem. Chances are some one else has also..

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
is there a fix for the unmounting of the sdcard for installations? Getting to be a pain with some installs and some updates.

Is it something on the card? for me other issues surrounding the card that may be part of or also resulting from, is that LauncherPro won't create a back up. Says to check that sdcard is available. Also many apps are from TiBu restore.