Some apps wont install

Reaction score
This is new to me. I tried angry birds rio and it said could not install on sd card or something like that sorry I forgot what it said but I've never seen that before. Im on stock rom too. Anyone knows what's going on.
Edit. It says can't intall on on usb storage.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

msscull

Reaction score
You need to unmount your SD card.

I have to do this when installing some apps or doing some updates.

If the app was on the SD card, I have to move it back to the SD card after update & mounting the SD card.

OP
S
Reaction score
Unmounting the sd card worked. That's weird that I would have to do that all of a sudden. Thanks guys

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

hobby31

Reaction score
I've started 2 threads with this same issue. No one seems to know why this happens. I have to unmount the sd card to install the updates and if I'm using the amazon market I have to do another workaround. Strange.

99problemz

Reaction score
If you are using the usb storage mode it wont let you download anything from your phone. I don't know why but thats happened to me as well.

Last edited:

hobby31

Reaction score
If you are using the usb storage mode it wont let you download anything from your phone. I don't know why but thats happened to me as well.

Actually, just the other way around. If I mount the scard with the usb cable it will update. In other words, a long as the sdcard is not available to the system the apps will update.