Can't Install AOSP on my T-Bolt

pogibry

Reaction score
I've been rooting and installing custom roms since the Droid Eris first came out. I know how what I'm doing. For some reason, no matter what I do, I can't get the new 3.1 or 3.2 to install. I wipe data, cache and dalvik. It installs just fine. When it reboots, it gets stuck on that first thunderbolt splash screen and stays there. I've let it sit for over 30 minutes and nogo. Am I doing anything wrong?

benualson

Reaction score
I had this same issue.

If I remember correctly, Go into Rom Manager, then under recovery you should see your version of ClockworkMod. Make sure this matches the latest version that is listed just below this. If it is not updated, flash it by clicking on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.

I hope this helps. If not, let me know & I'll try to retrace my steps a little better.

OP
pogibry

pogibry

Reaction score
I needed an update. I will def try it again. Thanks!

gammaxgoblin

Reaction score
Make sure you format system. I came from Motorola roms and they don't need this step but it should be done every ROM flash. Fixed all my problems.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
You need an AOSP compatible kernel to go with that kind of ROM otherwise your phone will hang on the boot screen.

Sent by my Bolt powered by Thunder