Liquid ROMs -- Clarify?

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
I have installed Liquid Smooth 3.2 on my TBolt and other than The GPS Issue™ (which I'm preparing to fix), the ROM has been excellent! Fast, clean, tons of configuration options...great job overall. I liked it so much that I wiped the Droid 1 (which I'm giving to someone as a hand-me-down) and installed it on there also; so far, so good! (My last attempt at a Gingerbread ROM on the Droid resulted in constant crashes; now it's like having a new phone!)

But, here's my dilemma.

Looking over the Liquid site and various postings (including the first page of thread listings in this forum), I can't make sense out of which ROMs are current, or which is which. I see listings for things like Liquid Smooth, Liquid Thundersense, Liquid Gingerbread, Liquid Gingersense, etc. Are all of these current and active names? I seem to be under the impression that there are two Liquid ROM flavors for the TBolt: AOSP and Sense. Yet, there are a lot of Liquid's ROM names in various places with differing version numbers, so you can understand how someone like myself who doesn't closely follow ROMs can be easily confused. ;)

So if Liquid Smooth 3.2 is the latest AOSP ROM, which one would be the newest/latest/greatest Sense-based ROM? (And, are there more than one, or has the name been changing?) Can someone clarify what these are?

I'm having to flash a Sense-based ROM to the phone in order to fix the GPS issue, and would prefer to use one of the Liquid ROMs to do so. If it turns out that I like it, I may stick with it...I just want to be sure I know which is the right one.

Thanks!

Reaction score
From what I can gather Liquid Smooth 3.2 is the continuation of Liquid Gingerbread 3.1. I believe the name was changed to keep all the Liquid AOSP ROMS for different devices under the same nomenclature.

Liquid Thundersense would be a Froyo Sense ROM for the Thunderbolt.

Liquid Gingersense would be a Gingerbread Sense ROM for the Thunderbolt.

I think at one time there was Liquid Thunderbread which was essentially the precursor of Liquid Gingerbread and subsequently Liquid Smooth.

djj624

Reaction score
Gingerbread=aosp
Gingersense=gingerbread sense 3.0
Vigorsense=gingerbread sense 3.5

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums