Can't get Swype to work

champaned_out

Reaction score
Sang...I've gone through the process about ten times. I have swipe in my settings, but only the Android keyboard comes up in apps aeg.

you need to go into your app drawer and click on the Swype Installer app and finish the rest of the setup and click Finished... make sure this is what you see when you open it..
mailgooglecom1.jpg

if you dont see this when you open the swype app then its because you didnt complete the installation... going to settings > keyboard and selecting swype wont do anything until you finish the first part of the install

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Oh, snap! Should have read the directions.after checking the check box, I wasn't hitting the back button that takes you to that screen with the four buttons. Got it now. Thanks! !

tu3218

Reaction score
When I entered my login it said: login failed. check your username and password. you must be an active beta account to login. I just went to the swype site and logged in. any help?

Jumper2501

Reaction score
I finally got it installed, after four tries. My best advice, keep plugging away.

Reaction score
Note about SWYPE on the TBolt

I installed it on my Pre-Production TBolt and had issues with it after I would reboot the phone.

I looked in the SWYPE support message board/FAQ and found that any phone that has Fastboot enabled means that you will have issues with SWYPE "not working" after a reboot. (Had something to do with the fact that though you reboot the phone, with Fastboot enabled, it doesn't start the service back up...)

Anyway, after you reboot, you will need to long-press a text input field and then choose "Input Method" and switch to Touch Input, then long-press again and choose "SWYPE."

Kind of a P.I.T.A., but SWYPE is worth it...

There is also SlideIT, but it has some different features compared to SWYPE and I am used to the SWYPE features.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I have installed Swype correctly, and yet I've still had to de-select it, then re-select it, then restart my TB to get it to work at least twice.

It works for a while, but then it stops working. I can still use the swype keyboard to type, but swyping fails.

Something is definitely amiss here...

Reaction score
I have installed Swype correctly, and yet I've still had to de-select it, then re-select it, then restart my TB to get it to work at least twice.

It works for a while, but then it stops working. I can still use the swype keyboard to type, but swyping fails.

Don't restart the phone, every time you do, SWYPE will have to be disabled then re-enabled. I would also recommend you check out SWYPE's Message boards/FAQ section on their site. My issues were resolved in a matter of minutes.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6

Don't restart the phone, every time you do, SWYPE will have to be disabled then re-enabled. I would also recommend you check out SWYPE's Message boards/FAQ section on their site. My issues were resolved in a matter of minutes.

Well, I'm going to have to occasionally restart my phone, right?

I have disabled "fast boot", I'll watch it and see if that helps.

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Mine stopped working. The Swype keyboard is still there, but when I use it, the blue border flashes and no text is input. Sigh.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine stopped working. The Swype keyboard is still there, but when I use it, the blue border flashes and no text is input. Sigh.
I'm having the same issue when I reboot my phone. I hold down the text block area and reenable to stock keyboard, then go back in and select Swype again and it works. I also am curious if the fast reboot fixes the issue.

ntice

Reaction score
I get it to work intermittently. I'm hoping it lasts but the trick of selecting input, putting regular keyboard, selecting input and choosing swype helps.
why in heaven's name they didn't make it native is beyond me!!!!!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get it to work intermittently. I'm hoping it lasts but the trick of selecting input, putting regular keyboard, selecting input and choosing swype helps.
why in heaven's name they didn't make it native is beyond me!!!!!
I just tried the Fast Reboot option and when the phone rebooted I was successfully able to use Swype to send a message without jumping through the hoops.

Sasha0625

Reaction score
Inataled swype. Was working fine. now it shows theline trace, but it doesnt thpe in the words. It just makes a sound and nothing shows on the screen. Anyone knows why it does that?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Inataled swype. Was working fine. now it shows theline trace, but it doesnt thpe in the words. It just makes a sound and nothing shows on the screen. Anyone knows why it does that?
Seriously, read up the thread, even at some of my comments, and you will see some workarounds without having to re-type for you. We've been experiencing the same thing, and this thread has showed us some ways to overcome it.