Language switch shortcut

njnative96

Reaction score
Is there a shortcut for switching input language using the hard keyboard? I know using the on screen keyboard you swipe the space bar, but I dont use the on screen keyboard.

ms2sell

Reaction score
I have been trying to figure this out myself switch between English and Spanish often. I seem to have done it by accident a couple of times but I have not been able to duplicate. Hope someone knows this one!

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

ms2sell

Reaction score
Good news just figured out how to toggle languages. You simply hold down the caps button and the space button at the same time and it will toggle. Hope this helps!

OP
N

njnative96

Reaction score
wow. Thanks a bunch. I switch back and forth between Spanish and English and I knew it had to be someone.

ms2sell

Reaction score
No problem I was happy to finally figure it out even tried calling Verizon and Moto who were no help at all.

model_un

Reaction score
language toggle... droid pro

Did you need to activitate/create a shortcut the CAPS/Space bar toggle.

I hold down both and nothing. I tried holding the caps then selecting the space bar - nothing. Holding down the space bar then hitting the caps button - nothing.

Just to be clear we are talking about the caps shift key on the left of the keyboard and the space bar at the bottom.

I have tried in the text and regular email creation windows.

Thanks for any help.

Fernando

model_un

Reaction score
fixed it

Sorry... disregard... it dawn on my that maybe I need to have BOTH languages selected as possible input languages in the settings. I had last 'de-selected' English so that I could use the Spanish input language. Now that I have selected BOTH, I can toggle between the two with a quick caps/space bar click.

THANK YOU!!!

Did you need to activitate/create a shortcut the CAPS/Space bar toggle.

I hold down both and nothing. I tried holding the caps then selecting the space bar - nothing. Holding down the space bar then hitting the caps button - nothing.

Just to be clear we are talking about the caps shift key on the left of the keyboard and the space bar at the bottom.

I have tried in the text and regular email creation windows.

Thanks for any help.

Fernando

mubird

Reaction score
Holding your finger in the input area,the popup menu should contain :"input method",when you need switch several inputmethod of one language

gqiq

Reaction score
I figured out the Spanish english switch too but now that I enabled the languages it puts an icon in my notification bar. Do you know how to get it out?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

gqiq

Reaction score
Please guys help me get this junk out of my notification bar. This is really annoying me.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums