Can't delete Facebook Contacts

niceum

Reaction score
Yes, this is all over the forums.
No, none of them answered my question (I searched long and hard).

Somehow, I let Facebook sync with my phone contacts.
Now, every FB friend is in my phone and I can't delete them.
Says, "To Remove this contact from your phone, reomove this person from your friend lists on the following providers."
There's no provider listed.

I have deleted FB from my phone. I removed it from Contacts. I removed it from Social Networking.
I don't know where to sync/unsync stuff, so maybe that's an issue. Other than that, I'm out of ideas and sick of searching.

How do I delete these contacts? I don't want them hidden, I want them deleted. I can't change profile pictures on the friends I did have in there that are now linked to FB.
Thanks.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you try going to settings > accounts > facebook > removee account?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
N

niceum

Reaction score
I have deleted FB from my phone. I removed it from Contacts. I removed it from Social Networking.

Did them all. I even tried some guy saying something about going to Airplane mode then deleting them. I've restarted the thing. I added FB and then deleted it again.

Rudy190

Reaction score
Can't Delete FB contacts

I have the same exact issue and not a way to fix it. I am really starting to regret buying this phone.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
If you want to remove ALL the people/pictures/links/etc... Go to menu>settings>accounts> click the facebook account>remove account.

If you want to only show certain contacts/link the contacts you have now, go into contacts and select up at the top to only show "gmail" or "phone" contacts depending on where all of your contacts are from. If you also want, you can go to the show all section in contacts, and then when you find a contact from Facebook you want to get rid of press and hold on the contact, click delete contact and it'll prompt you "this is from a third party app, blah, blah, blah, it can't be deleted, do you want to hide it?" and then click yes, and it won't show up anywhere, not even when you are composing a message.

Hope this helps.

gotfondue

Reaction score
No that isn't the problem I have already removed facebook totally off my phone and all the contacts still show up and slow my contacts list down so much and I only have like 350. It is so slow I can't even edit a contact it takes so long to load.

I think the only fix is to factory reset the phone and just back up from google. I was hoping not to do this but w.e.

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Only way I fixed it was to factory data reset.. :-/

Sent using my Xmas present (Droid X)

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Can you not select a.contact and then press the menu button and click "unlink"?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

defective by design

Reaction score
i'm having the same problem now. when i click on a contact the was in my facebook i only have the option to link account, not to unllink it. i tried it and all i could do was link it to another contact on my phone. WTF? why would they assume i want to put 50+ contacts on my phone.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I don't know what to tell you guys, I just wish there was an option, I believe before this update (adding chat, push notifications, etc...) there was an option to sync contacts. This is no longer the case, kind of dumb...

defective by design

Reaction score
It's okay. I removed facebook from the droid problem solved. I will just use the browser to see facebook. it's not like i cant get to it or anything. i dont need 15 billion ways to get to facebook anyhow. dancedroid