Facebook contacts problem! Help!

KrAtOsWaR

Reaction score
Hello,

I had facebook on my droid 2. Well I deactivted FB, and deleted it off my droid, but all the contacts are still in my contact list. Everytime I try to delete a fb contact it tells me to remove them as a friend. I deactivted my FB account so I have no friends anymore.

Any help would be greatley appriciated! Thank you!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

buckoman

Reaction score
No offense, but you kinda screwed yourself over with deleting your fb account... a better idea would have been to create a backup to your sd card, and factory reset the phone. Seems a little too late... hopefully this helps for next time! :)

-Buckoman

OP
K

KrAtOsWaR

Reaction score
I use Backup Assistant to backup all my contacts. If I do a phone reset that should do the trick then? Would I still have all my paid apps available to be redownloaded? Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

buckoman

Reaction score
Make sure you set up Google's app backup service, then reset. As long as you're friends with a person on fb, you cannot delete their fb contact from your phone. Let me know how it goes. :)

-Buckoman

C

ctalley316

I had the same issue...
Called VZW and they said if you have Facebook on your phone you will have that issue. I deleted the App and just go to Facebook now through the browser without any of those issues.
A hard reset will work too.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

reichbc

Reaction score
Get back on Facebook on your computer (the real fb)
Reinstall FB to your phone
Configure it to NOT sync facebook contacts
Uninstall FB app
Re-delete facebook.

When you delete your facebook, it keeps the login active. Your phone logs into Facebook, reactivating it, syncing your contacts.

Hope I helped :)