Deleting Friends on Facebook

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jrossi85, Dec 21, 2010.

1. jrossi85

jrossi85 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay so I deleted a bunch of friends on Facebook. And by a bunch I mean about 300 (decided it wasn't worth it to play silly FB games). So a couple days went by and I figured my FB contacts updated and they would no longer be on my phone. It turns out this is not the case... all of those friends are still listed as FB contacts on the phone, even after performing a manual sync. I also removed my FB account and re-added it and it still did not work. Am I missing something?

If we can get it to remove the old contacts that would be great. But that may not solve the larger picture: why don't contacts get removed after deleting FB friends?

2. droidftw1

droidftw1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Facebook/settings/other settings sync contacts/ erase data or something like that

sent from droid
    the original

3. jrossi85

jrossi85 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There aren't any settings for syncing in my Settings menu, nor is there an Other Settings button.

4. googlelover

googlelover Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I think that the contacts are first synced from facebook to your phone, and then from your phone to googles servers, so they won't be deleted until you remove them manually from your phone, or you go to google and sign into your account and delete them that way.

5. jrossi85

jrossi85 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm I tried going through google, but it only had my Google Contacts (which correspond to my Phone Contacts). The Facebook Contacts and All Contacts lists continue to display all of the deleted facebook friends. I know I could delete them all manually, but there has to be an easier way for my phone to realize that these 300 people are no longer wanted contacts.

6. kustomkid

kustomkid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had that same problem and this is what i did, i went into settings deactivate the auto-sync and delete the facebook app then it deleted all the facebook contact from my contact list/phone book and i still can go on facebook with my phone.

Search tags for this page
deleting friends on facebook android
how to erase a bunch of friends on facebook

i deleted a fb friend and they are still in my droid