Can't Delete Facebook Contacts - Help!

nwafan20

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I accidentally added all my Facebook contacts to my Droid X. I unchecked sync contacts in the Facebook app, but about 10 Facebook contacts still remained. I tried deleting them but it won't let me. It says "To remove this contact from your phone, please remove this person from your friend lists on the following providers".

Unfortunately, there aren't any providers!

I uninstalled the Facebook app, cleared my phone of all contacts, etc. I can't find any way to get rid of these short of a complete wipe of the phone (which I don't want to do because of all the apps I have...)

Anyone know how to fix this?

Droidfish

Reaction score
Have you tried doing in your gmail account on your computer? Google stores all of your contacts on the cloud and then they are synced to your phone from there. Worth a shot.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
N

nwafan20

Reaction score
Yeah, none of these Facebook contacts are located in my Gmail cloud.

xrob513z

Reaction score
i had this problem too. i just downloaded the actual app and took it off my widget setting. it worked and took off the people i didnt want in my contacts but now i dont get the widget notification. kinda lose lose i guess.

dan266

Reaction score
How To Remove Facebook Contacts From Contacts

Hit arrow button displaying apps, click Contacts, Click Menu, Click More, Click Manage Accounts, Click Facebook, Click Remove Account. All Facebook contacts will be deleted from your phone contacs. Only phone contacts will remain. The facebook app will remain in your apps to be used when you want.:icon_ banana:

djbis

Reaction score
Hit arrow button displaying apps, click Contacts, Click Menu, Click More, Click Manage Accounts, Click Facebook, Click Remove Account. All Facebook contacts will be deleted from your phone contacs. Only phone contacts will remain. The facebook app will remain in your apps to be used when you want.:icon_ banana:
I only have Google as a network on my phone. I have removed all others. The contacts that Facebook added are not being removed!!!!

djbis

Reaction score
I only have Google as a network on my phone. I have removed all others. The contacts that Facebook added are not being removed!!!!

Does anybody have any ideas on how to remove these facebook contacts? I've got 100s of them and tried all kinds of stuff to delete them. They are absolutely keeping me from using my text app and make it difficult to place phone calls, etc!

cincycats51

Reaction score
I have been having this issue since the day I got the phone on launch day, and the only thing I came up with is....

Go to your contact page, hit the menu button, click display groups, and only display your gmail account, and that includes any contacts you may have added on gmail AND the contacts you have input manually on the phone.

djbis

Reaction score
I have been having this issue since the day I got the phone on launch day, and the only thing I came up with is....

Go to your contact page, hit the menu button, click display groups, and only display your gmail account, and that includes any contacts you may have added on gmail AND the contacts you have input manually on the phone.

I have tried this, it helps you visually, but it does not help the performance of the phone. The stray contacts from facebook are still left behind dragging down the whole system.

mc1

Reaction score
I had this issue as well. This is what I did to correct it:

1)I turned off syncing with FB to prevent future additions of those contacts.
2) I toggled as indicated above to only show google and phone contacts
3)On the second field to the right, where you have the quick contact widgets, there is a contact widget that even after doing the above steps still had all my FB contacts, as well as some that were inserted in the quick connect tabs (there are four at the top). I touched/held the contacts tab listed here, and dragged it to the trash. The contacts in the quick tabs remained, so I trashed those too.
4) I dragged the contacts widget from the main arrow screen to replace the one I trashed.

Now only the phone contacts (and google ones, if you wish) remain.

Sometimes TOO much functionality can be a problem lol

Oh....anyone know how I can get those quick connect tabs back? heh

Droidfish

Reaction score
What about backing up the datat you'd rather not lose and doing a factory reset on your phone? Don't back up your contacts so only those on googles servers will sync.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

djbis

Reaction score
I had this issue as well. This is what I did to correct it:

1)I turned off syncing with FB to prevent future additions of those contacts.
2) I toggled as indicated above to only show google and phone contacts
3)On the second field to the right, where you have the quick contact widgets, there is a contact widget that even after doing the above steps still had all my FB contacts, as well as some that were inserted in the quick connect tabs (there are four at the top). I touched/held the contacts tab listed here, and dragged it to the trash. The contacts in the quick tabs remained, so I trashed those too.
4) I dragged the contacts widget from the main arrow screen to replace the one I trashed.

Now only the phone contacts (and google ones, if you wish) remain.

Sometimes TOO much functionality can be a problem lol

Oh....anyone know how I can get those quick connect tabs back? heh

You can add those back as widgets.

mc1

Reaction score
How? I just got the phone, so its all new to me :) Where do I go to add them back? I couldn't figure out how to clear them so I just trashed em. But that and the other stuff did clear up the issue stated by the OP.

THX

djbis

Reaction score
How? I just got the phone, so its all new to me :) Where do I go to add them back? I couldn't figure out how to clear them so I just trashed em. But that and the other stuff did clear up the issue stated by the OP.

THX

Hold your finger on an empty part of one of your screens for a little and a menu will come up. I believe you need to select one of the choices for Motorola Widgets?

Sorry I am lacking the full procedure, I hope that gets you going. Explore and enjoy :)