Can police bypass your lock on your Android phone?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know this is an older post, but it showed up at the top of my google search.

I don't get it, with most of you... I have to put my code in to get my phone to show up on my computer. Yes, it is encrypted and it is more than four numbers, it also has a limit, you type it in wrong a certain number of times, it wipes the data. Type the password wrong 5 times and you have to wait a minute to try again.

And if you have any kind of anti malware installed, that has remote wipe, you can wipe the data yourself from another phone or computer.

I have nothing to hide either but I welcome LE to try and access my phone, they will fail. I also use two step authentication for email and other apps. Some apps require a pin that changes every 30 seconds.

I work in I.T. Security and secure my phone, computer and other devices to protect my customers and my customer's data as required by my employer.

I wonder if a judge would allow the search of my phone being that not only do I have my info there, but info from my customers.
No, not without a warrant, and the information contained on your phone is considered your personal property, thus making it eligible to be searched again, with a proper warrant.

Supreme Court Says Phones Can’t Be Searched Without a Warrant