Can not insall custom ROM's

Reaction score
Yes you do. Sorry, i'm trying to respond as fast as possible but i'm at work. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

dawnedzero

Reaction score
No worries I appreciate that you're even helping at all. So I'm going to try to install the MIUI ROM I downloaded and saved to my sd using bootstrap. I just wiped the caches and rebooted and am now going to install the ROM. Am I forgetting anything?

Reaction score
Make sure you wipe data too. Other than that I think you're good. I love this ROM. There are a few bugs but nothing major. Plus, they update it every Friday. Even though the Droid x updates seem to take a little longer to publish.

OP
D

dawnedzero

Reaction score
No go. It froze at the motorola logo again. Had to flash back back to froyo again to get my phone to boot. Don't know what I'm doing wrong other then I noticed that the miui zip file says gingerbread, so that may be the wrong version. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong and don't know how wipe data either. I wiped all data/factory reset from the boot menu. Installed rom from sd card, said it was successful. Rebooted and it stuck on the logo for over ten minutes. Now I'm back to square one and have to reroot my phone and do this all over again. Do I have the wrong version of MIUI?

Reaction score
Oh, I guess they updated since this morning. It might be running on a gb kernel now. I haven't updated yet. I'm not sure what the process is with the new update yet. It might be new. Cyanogen mod is great too. You flash it the same way as miui from your current system. Cyanogenmod.com Its under cdma_shadow and its a nightly. There are no stable mods for it yet but its almost bugless.

OP
D

dawnedzero

Reaction score
I figured it out and got MIUI installed. It's pretty awesome. Thanks for all the help. I was loading the wrong version.