Can not insall custom ROM's

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by dawnedzero, Sep 16, 2011.

1. dawnedzero

dawnedzero New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm very new to rooting and finally decided to root my droid x last night. I have downloaded titanium, cpu master, etc. I can not get any ROM I download to install on to my phone using ROM manager. I may be doing something wrong but I can't figure out what it is. I follow the directions and I don't wan to have to SBF back to Froyo. I would appreciate any help.

2. forgottenhero86

Ratings:
    +0
    When you boot into recover, does it take you to stock recovery or clockwork?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

3. dawnedzero

dawnedzero New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It reboots just like normal back to the stock ROM no matter what ROM I download and try to install. I don't even see clockwork recovery it goes straight back to stock. I don't even see clockwork recovery when I try to install ROMs

4. Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong Member

Ratings:
    +0
    did u flash clockwork mod?

5. dawnedzero

dawnedzero New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I just tried that with genesis rom and nothing. Maybe roms are not compatible with gingerbread?

6. forgottenhero86

Ratings:
    +0
    I know this may be a dumb question but are you sure that you rooted? What method on gb did you use?

7. dawnedzero

dawnedzero New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm pretty sure it's rooted. I used DROID 3 easy root script 7 and CPU master, power saver, etc all flash messages stating they have superuser permissions. Would these apps work if I wasn't rooted?

8. forgottenhero86

Ratings:
    +0
    if it gives the message you are probably rooted. I've never heard of that method, probably because its new but I know that the motorola one click method works perfectly for it. There are a few custom roms for GB. Make sure you have flashed clockwork from ROM manager. I believe if i'm not mistaken that you would the regular Droid x flash. Not the 2nd int. I'm currently using miui ROM which runs on GB even though it is flashed through froyo and runs on a froyo kernel. Its the best room imo. But you would have to sbf back to 2.3.340.

9. dawnedzero

dawnedzero New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just flashed clockworkmod and it said download successful. I really want miui or cyanogen but am too inexperienced to SBF back to Froyo. Is there a one click method to SBF? That's the only reason I felt comfortable rooting in the first place, it was a one click method. I don't want to break my phone.

10. forgottenhero86

Ratings:
    +0
    There is a 2.3.340 update.zip file though I haven't used it. A little helpful tip and something that has helped me out a lot is just searching on YouTube. They can show you step by step instructions and i'm a better learner from seeing rather than reading. Sbf'ing is not hard. Just search for Droid x 2.3.340 full sbf. I would post it but its not allowed. Google it. You'll find it.

11. dawnedzero

dawnedzero New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the help! I SBF back to froyo and now am looking for a rom. Where and how can I install MIUI?

12. dawnedzero

dawnedzero New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the help! I SBF'd back. Where and how can I install MIUI?