Can not insall custom ROM's

dawnedzero

Reaction score
I'm very new to rooting and finally decided to root my droid x last night. I have downloaded titanium, cpu master, etc. I can not get any ROM I download to install on to my phone using ROM manager. I may be doing something wrong but I can't figure out what it is. I follow the directions and I don't wan to have to SBF back to Froyo. I would appreciate any help.

Reaction score
When you boot into recover, does it take you to stock recovery or clockwork?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

dawnedzero

Reaction score
It reboots just like normal back to the stock ROM no matter what ROM I download and try to install. I don't even see clockwork recovery it goes straight back to stock. I don't even see clockwork recovery when I try to install ROMs

OP
D

dawnedzero

Reaction score
Yes I just tried that with genesis rom and nothing. Maybe roms are not compatible with gingerbread?

Reaction score
I know this may be a dumb question but are you sure that you rooted? What method on gb did you use?

OP
D

dawnedzero

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's rooted. I used DROID 3 easy root script 7 and CPU master, power saver, etc all flash messages stating they have superuser permissions. Would these apps work if I wasn't rooted?

Reaction score
if it gives the message you are probably rooted. I've never heard of that method, probably because its new but I know that the motorola one click method works perfectly for it. There are a few custom roms for GB. Make sure you have flashed clockwork from ROM manager. I believe if i'm not mistaken that you would the regular Droid x flash. Not the 2nd int. I'm currently using miui ROM which runs on GB even though it is flashed through froyo and runs on a froyo kernel. Its the best room imo. But you would have to sbf back to 2.3.340.

OP
D

dawnedzero

Reaction score
I just flashed clockworkmod and it said download successful. I really want miui or cyanogen but am too inexperienced to SBF back to Froyo. Is there a one click method to SBF? That's the only reason I felt comfortable rooting in the first place, it was a one click method. I don't want to break my phone.

Reaction score
There is a 2.3.340 update.zip file though I haven't used it. A little helpful tip and something that has helped me out a lot is just searching on YouTube. They can show you step by step instructions and i'm a better learner from seeing rather than reading. Sbf'ing is not hard. Just search for Droid x 2.3.340 full sbf. I would post it but its not allowed. Google it. You'll find it.

OP
D

dawnedzero

Reaction score
Thank you for the help! I SBF back to froyo and now am looking for a rom. Where and how can I install MIUI?

OP
D

dawnedzero

Reaction score
Thank you for the help! I SBF'd back. Where and how can I install MIUI?

Reaction score
Root with z4 root, install Droid 2 (not Droid x) bootstrap, and flash it that way. You can get miui at www.miui.us

OP
D

dawnedzero

Reaction score
I followed the instructions and used bootstrap droid 2 and saved the zip file to my sd card and installed it from bootstrap recovery but now it won't load at all. It just stays at the motorola logo. Is my phone bricked now?

Reaction score
Did you wipe data, cache, dalvik? If not, go into stock recovery by turning off your phone, hold home and the power button at the same time. When you get the Android guy with the "!" In the triangle, push the search button and wipe that way.