Rom Manager issue....

Xtreme_Droid

Reaction score
I am running a Droid X 2.1 update1 rooted, I had it rooted running 2.2 I went back to 2.1 yesterday by flashing the original SBF file and then I rooted again using the ADB method. Today I installed and bought ROM Manager PRO and when I hit download ROM the list doesnt come up with bugless beast and all the ROM's like I was thinking would. I then hit Check for ROM updates and get a message saying The ROM you are using does not support OTA Updates. Also when I try to make a back-up of my current ROM the phone just cuts off and reboots. Then I reopen ROM Manager and get an error message. Has anyone else had this issue? I don't understand what I am doing wrong. Any help is appreciated.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Those ROMS are for the DROID not the Droid X. there are no current roms for the DX.

you also need the bootstrap by koush to get into alternate recovery

avt123

Reaction score
Those ROMS are for the DROID not the Droid X. there are no current roms for the DX.

Rom Manager actually can flash recover for the DX now. Also, there is a DX download section in the app. There is one available 2.2 download for the DX. Birdman also has his own section within that section. He will be uploading a deodexed, bloatware free 2.2 soon. He is also working on a vanilla froyo ROM.

OP
X

Xtreme_Droid

Reaction score
So there are no ROMs available for the Droid X at this time? I can install a theme on the stock theme though correct?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Rom Manager actually can flash recover for the DX now. Also, there is a DX download section in the app. There is one available 2.2 download for the DX. Birdman also has his own section within that section. He will be uploading a deodexed, bloatware free 2.2 soon. He is also working on a vanilla froyo ROM.

a ROM is a customized version of an OS. the 2.2 is the leaked version. the bootloader is still locked so no full ROMs are available at this time.

and clockwork will NOT wort unless you flass the bootstrap - this is also because teh bootloader still being locked.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So there are no ROMs available for the Droid X at this time? I can install a theme on the stock theme though correct?

no ROMs like the Droids ROMs. but you can install themes if you want

avt123

Reaction score

a ROM is a customized version of an OS. the 2.2 is the leaked version. the bootloader is still locked so no full ROMs are available at this time.

and clockwork will NOT wort unless you flass the bootstrap - this is also because teh bootloader still being locked.

I flashed clockwork without bootstrap. There is an option within ROM manager now. Click the recovery and "Droid X" comes up. Also, I thought having the bootloader cracked is more useful for the kernel, but custom ROMs can still be loaded. Birdman said that a vanilla 2.2 ROM is coming within the next week or so for the Droid X.

tobytl

Reaction score
Technically, you still used bootstrap. ROM Manager uses the same process as the separate bootstrap app does, just from within ROM Manager. The bootloader is still locked, still no custom kernels. That's why you'll have to already be running 2.2 to flash birdman's vanilla rom (as well as his flyx(sp?)), they are relying on already having a 2.2 kernel in place.

avt123

Reaction score
Technically, you still used bootstrap. ROM Manager uses the same process as the separate bootstrap app does, just from within ROM Manager. The bootloader is still locked, still no custom kernels. That's why you'll have to already be running 2.2 to flash birdman's vanilla rom (as well as his flyx(sp?)), they are relying on already having a 2.2 kernel in place.

Exactly. All I was saying is that you flash it with RM without the bootstrap app. And you confirmed what I was saying about ROMs. Just no custom kernels.