Clockwork mod/Rom manager not booting into recovery

DroidXer

Reaction score
In another thread I stated I am trying to learn how to use the Rom Manger to go from 2.1 rooted to 2.2 so I can show someone who is not comfortable using ADB how to do so. Unfortunately that means I have learn first. I got Rom Manager Premium, installed CW recovery, downloaded the 2.2 from the stock rom section, and hit to install. The phone just reboots and doesn't go into recovery either manually or when I try to install the rom.

I tried clearing the download cache etc like it suggests but it still doesn't work. I can do it via ADB but I'm trying to help someone that doesn't want to use ADB, so I need to learn how to do it without.

What else can I try to make it work? I tried to do what it said about downloading an old version of recovery and reupdating to the newest but I get an error when I try to download an old version of the recovery software.

Any other suggestions?

BACAbone

Reaction score
do u have bootstrap app. believe it still is necessarry for RM

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Run the Droid X Bootstrap Recovery app and select Boostrap...then try to do the update.

OP
D

DroidXer

Reaction score
Now I got it working and it's telling me I'm not rooted anymore. Clearly I was rooted as I installed the CW recovery and was using WiFi tether previously. Jesus.

OP
D

DroidXer

Reaction score
And now I can't get the one click root to work. WTF.

djenks24

Reaction score
Stuck for Months

Same problem here, when I installed 2.2 I lost root because I didn't move the su file. There does not seem to be a fix for it. My phone appears to be rooted but nothing has permissions including installing spf files. I have tried adb but an not sure if the same problem is happening or if I just don't know enough about adb but it is telling me "permission denied"

Soupy McD

Reaction score
I had problems with the phone having root but no programs able to obtain permissions from su as well. Rerooting in 2.2 with the Droid 2 method kind of worked for me, maybe it'll work for you? Try it out. When I did it, I was able to access su in adb, and only some programs toggled an su permission.

DroidXer, have you tried re-rooting your phone with a different method than one-click? I know you said you don't want to use adb but it's looking like you have to at this point. If you can't re-root than flash the .sbf file and start from scratch. I know thats a b*tch but some system software must have gone screwy.

OP
D

DroidXer

Reaction score
Not worth the hassle, I don't really need anything from 2.2. I'll wait for the OTA and the root of OTA, then I will install the signed OTA (shouldn't be a problem I would imagine) and then root the official 2.2