Camera

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
After going to the club with some friends tried to take some pictures and this phone camera officially sucks. Would not focus at all, dark as heck. Took the same pictures with 3 separate types of phones and they all came out great. WTF.

Rooted and Hot Rodded running 5.9.902 DROID BIONIC

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Agree Camo... the camera blows when taking pics in environments when the lighting is marginal. Seems to be an issue with Motorola phones. In the past, the camera has not been a key factor in my purchasing decision. But now that I am starting to use it more frequently, I will take a much closer look when I upgrade in the not to distant future.

Sent from my now freaking awesome, butt-kicking .902 Droid Bionic using TapaTalk

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Motorola makes a good device, but a junk camera. However, i'm not going to make tradeoffs with my radio just to get a good camera, so i'm sticking with my Moto. We're living in the wrong part of the world to get a phone with a TRULY good camera. Here's a GOOD camera phone:

Nokia Europe - Nokia 808 PureView - Nokia PureView smartphones

Notice it's a european model, though. It takes 41 megapixels and creates a 5 megapixel image from them.

EDIT: Notice this phone has another thing necessary for high end photography in the dark - a xenon flash. LEDs don't really cut it.

Scimino

Reaction score
I like the camera on the bionic. Since i had this phone the only problem i have is the data going out for half a minute. But my camera always take clear pics. I dont take many low light pics though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

gobi42

Reaction score
The camera seems to be fine for me but I use camera zoom with the setting medium and .5 sec for stability

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

walkerstempe

Reaction score
The only half decent bionic photos is in the daylight. Mostly used for wall postings and that's about it.
Tried taking some indoor birthday photos and they sucked. All dark in normal indoor lighting. Got embarrassed by all the iphone users and their phone photos.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Jett3

Reaction score
I just want to say here something about cameras that Many of the new cameras come with only an LCD screen would suggest that you find one that also has an optical view finder because the LCD screen is almost impossible to see in bright sun...