Camera

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Camoxjeep, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep New Member

After going to the club with some friends tried to take some pictures and this phone camera officially sucks. Would not focus at all, dark as heck. Took the same pictures with 3 separate types of phones and they all came out great. WTF.

Rooted and Hot Rodded running 5.9.902 DROID BIONIC
  2. bluezdawg

bluezdawg New Member

Agree Camo... the camera blows when taking pics in environments when the lighting is marginal. Seems to be an issue with Motorola phones. In the past, the camera has not been a key factor in my purchasing decision. But now that I am starting to use it more frequently, I will take a much closer look when I upgrade in the not to distant future.

Sent from my now freaking awesome, butt-kicking .902 Droid Bionic using TapaTalk
  3. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

Motorola makes a good device, but a junk camera. However, i'm not going to make tradeoffs with my radio just to get a good camera, so i'm sticking with my Moto. We're living in the wrong part of the world to get a phone with a TRULY good camera. Here's a GOOD camera phone:

Nokia Europe - Nokia 808 PureView - Nokia PureView smartphones

Notice it's a european model, though. It takes 41 megapixels and creates a 5 megapixel image from them.

EDIT: Notice this phone has another thing necessary for high end photography in the dark - a xenon flash. LEDs don't really cut it.
  4. Scimino

Scimino New Member

I like the camera on the bionic. Since i had this phone the only problem i have is the data going out for half a minute. But my camera always take clear pics. I dont take many low light pics though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
  5. gobi42

gobi42 New Member

The camera seems to be fine for me but I use camera zoom with the setting medium and .5 sec for stability

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  6. walkerstempe

walkerstempe New Member

The only half decent bionic photos is in the daylight. Mostly used for wall postings and that's about it.
    Tried taking some indoor birthday photos and they sucked. All dark in normal indoor lighting. Got embarrassed by all the iphone users and their phone photos.
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  7. Jett3

Jett3 New Member

I just want to say here something about cameras that Many of the new cameras come with only an LCD screen would suggest that you find one that also has an optical view finder because the LCD screen is almost impossible to see in bright sun...