Camera is fuzzy and will not focus

RockHead_Droid

Reaction score
I just got the bionic a few days ago and the camera sucks. It is all fuzzy and will not focus. I did do a search I did not find no posting about this issue.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
I just got the bionic a few days ago and the camera sucks. It is all fuzzy and will not focus. I did do a search I did not find no posting about this issue.

I just got mine days ago and mine is perfect. I'd maybe take yours back or something. I'm loving mine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't had a focusing problem with my Bionic. What is your Firmware? It should be at least 5.5.893.

I suggest trying an camera app like Camera Zoom FX. It costs, but it's a good substitute.

Reaction score
Agree with above user. Camera Zoom FX has a Stable Shot Mode that would be perfect for your situation. Not too mention it takes full advantage of the 8MP camera.

OP
RockHead_Droid

RockHead_Droid

Reaction score
I updated the firmware when i got the phone . I will look that app....

brroid

Reaction score
I know of someone who forgot to take the protector plastic off the lens.......

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bluezdawg

Reaction score
I had that happen last Saturday, as a result, I am giving up Patron Silver on Fridays ;-)

Seriously, mine works pretty good. I do use Camera Zoom FX.

hastrom

Reaction score

Mine is that way too. Very frustrating. I got it a few months ago and it is up-to-date. Whenever I get the subject in the frame, it focuses on the subject clearly, then when I click to capture the picture it refocuses and ends up blurry. Every time. Grrr!

PhoebeAnn

Reaction score
Same problem with mine -- I just transferred 197 pictures to a PC and maybe 5 are usable -- just wretched focus. 2.3.4, System 5.9.905. Trying Camera Zoom, which fortuitously is on sale this week...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Strange... and you're stock? Is there anything in the camera lens?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Camera Zoom FX has been on sale for a while, but it's a good value.

I went to Preview Night at ComicCon in San Diego without my camera. Using the Bionic was hit and miss in terms of focus. You can see one at Slave Leia | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

PhoebeAnn

Reaction score
Strange... and you're stock? Is there anything in the camera lens?
Absolutely stock, nothing visible in the lens to the nekkid eye, and it's clean. Every once in a while (about 2% of the time, it appears) a picture is in sharp focus, and when taking the picture the display generally looks good. I thought maybe I was moving the camera, or tapping the camera button shook it too much or something, but even pictures taken with the phone clamped to a stand are fuzzy. I should have some time to experiment with the Camera Zoom app tomorrow and will report back.