Camera Clicking

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's a way to get rid of the sound that's not coming from the speaker--the physical shutter clicks--other than the tried and true not using it method. This also works on a drum set.

Are you for real, or just being a wiseass? It's a digital camera; there is no physical shutter. The sound is only an effect.

I recommend Vignette Demo for a silent camera app.

What gave me away? Some digital cameras actually do have physical shutters, believe it or not. I'm not sure about the Droid. Anyway, whatever that clicking sound is--shutter or focusing--I don't think it can be turned off.

eliassami5

Reaction score
I think people are confused here...The OP is talking about the initial sound the camera makes when it opens, its the sound of the camera focusing..and no you can not turn that off.

Other people are talking bout the fake shutter sound when you take a picture, the only way to turn off that sound is to put the phone on vibrate or silent or to use a camera app from the market.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I think people are confused here...The OP is talking about the initial sound the camera makes when it opens, its the sound of the camera focusing..and no you can not turn that off.

Other people are talking bout the fake shutter sound when you take a picture, the only way to turn off that sound is to put the phone on vibrate or silent or to use a camera app from the market.

Oh, that quiet little "tink tink tink" when it focuses. I'd thought we were talking about the loud "click" when the stock app takes a pic. Don't mind me...