Camera Clicking

SmartphoneNewbie

Reaction score
I just began to mess with the Droid I just received from my girlfriends dad and I noticed it makes some sort of clicking sound when the camera starts up. Is this normal or should I go to the verizon store?

debdroid1a

Reaction score
There is another post on this and they suggested to silience it to remove all sounds (alarms, etc). I use my alarm clock so I couldn't do that.
Another idea was an App, Silient Camera or something like that, but some said it didn't work. I've just left it for now.

here's a few from a search for "camera"

stop the sound Please !

Silence camera sounds?

Droid - Remove camera click/shutter sound

Camera Focus Lock Sound

okay... I just don't want to get back to work that's how I found all of these and there might be more... but I guess i should get back to work...

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's a way to get rid of the sound that's not coming from the speaker--the physical shutter clicks--other than the tried and true not using it method. This also works on a drum set.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I don't think there's a way to get rid of the sound that's not coming from the speaker--the physical shutter clicks--other than the tried and true not using it method. This also works on a drum set.

Are you for real, or just being a wiseass? It's a digital camera; there is no physical shutter. The sound is only an effect.

I recommend Vignette Demo for a silent camera app.

Zargon

Reaction score

Are you for real, or just being a wiseass? It's a digital camera; there is no physical shutter. The sound is only an effect.

I recommend Vignette Demo for a silent camera app.

When you first open the camera app, the camera makes some focusing noises. You can't silence that.

As for the fake shutter sound, you can put the camera in silent or vibrate mode and there will be no noise.

Nibbz

Reaction score
doesnt the clicking mean the thing is turning on. aka it WILL make the sound WHENEVER the camera becomes active. but only right when you turn it on, so who cares? it just clicks for less than a second.