Call/texting problem, starting to get annoyed

Scan1on

Reaction score
Ok so I've had my d2g for about a month now. I'm rooted running Fission 2.4.3 and I keep having problems receiving texts/calls. This has only happened twice but what happens is I won't get any calls or texts for a long period. Then my pissed off girlfriend calls me from someone elses phone thinking I was ignoring her blah blah. I'll reboot my phone and then get like 20 texts all from the people who told me they had been texting me. Also when this has happened, I've had a person standing right next to me and they tried to call me, they dialed through to my phone and it rang like normal (on their end) and then got sent to voicemail except my phone didn't actually receive anything. After that they tried texting me (again sitting right next to me) and my phone won't get anything. Only way to fix this issue is to reboot my phone. I've always been showing 4 bars, and I've had Verizon for over 4 years but only ever experienced this issue with my d2g. Any ideas on what is happening?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Sorry if this was unclear, but this only happens with certain people (from what I can see).

Last edited:

kingwaffle

Reaction score
I had this issue once: New Years

I believe it was due to the mass new years text bombs.

I rebooted my phone and got about 16 texts all at once.

Havent had issues since.

OP
S

Scan1on

Reaction score
Well both times this has happened have been after new years and haven't been anything special... its really just completely random.

leobg

Reaction score
Well - I was experiencing exactly the same thing, but on GSM not CDMA (not on Verizon network). The culpirt seems to be the December update (2.4.330). It changes many things including radio firmware and kernel. After applying it, my phone was behaving very similar to what you describe. I have tried to wipe data and flash fresh SBF then update to 2.4.330 again - same thing keeps happening.
So I flashed SBF again (2.4.29) and disabled OTA update. Ever since then phone had not go into the 'hung' state - in general behaves better than with 2.4.330. At least on GSM.
I would recommend you to flash 2.4.29 then, without updating to 2.4.330, flash the ROM of your choice (this way radio, kernel, etc, remain original one from 2.4.29)

Just to clarify - when phone goes mum, nobody can call me, neither send me a message, nor I can all anyone/send messages or browse Internet (despite signal and data connection indicators presenting). Until reboot. After reboot it functions normally again. For 8-10 hours when it again goes mum. With 2.4.29 I do not have this problem anymore.

Last edited: