Odd Text Issue

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Not sure it is device related, but had a really odd texting issue and was going to see if any one had feedback on it. So I was texting my friend, all the sudden I get a text from a different friend saying who are you texting? I said huh? Then my phone rings, it is my girlfriend..she says she was getting text from me, and instead of my other friend asking me who I was texting, it was her. Any idea what the heck is going on? Was it my phone? The network?

aedmondson99

Reaction score
This happened to me alot I would have to force restart my phone all the then after the recent update it stoped

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Jonas

Reaction score
What text app are you using. I heard of this problem with the stock messenger, but I haven't used that on my D2G ever, and very very little on my D1, so I can't say for sure.

Jonas

Reaction score
Then I'm not sure. I had that problem for about an hour, but I just reinstalled and it fixed itself. Maybe wwipe your cache?

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Not every one has insurance. ;) So far it was one time in 6 months. I think I would rather keep mine for now then chance getting a lemon in exchange when everything else works fine and has worked fine for 6 months.

Jonas

Reaction score
Not every one has insurance. ;) So far it was one time in 6 months. I think I would rather keep mine for now then chance getting a lemon in exchange when everything else works fine and has worked fine for 6 months.

Why does everything keep saying that about insurance? Its $8. And it covers the whole phone.

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Why does everything keep saying that about insurance? Its $8. And it covers the whole phone.
Why are you complaining about it? If you choose to have insurance, good for you, if we don't it's our problem. So why stress over our problem? I am not sure exactly when or where you told other people to make insurance claims, but insurance claims are not the answer to every little problem. No offense, not every one here has the luxury of living at home still and have other things that $8 a month can go towards.

Jonas

Reaction score
Why are you complaining about it? If you choose to have insurance, good for you, if we don't it's our problem. So why stress over our problem? I am not sure exactly when or where you told other people to make insurance claims, but insurance claims are not the answer to every little problem. No offense, not every one here has the luxury of living at home still and have other things that $8 a month can go towards.

My appologies if I insulted you. And I don't usually suggest it, I have responded to posts of people either dropping it in water, or dropping the phone down stairs. You're right, its not my business and I'm sorry if I struck a nerve. Good luck on your app problem.

Also, the only reason I live at home is I'm 19 and I ship out for the military soon. No point in getting an appartment. :/

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
My appologies if I insulted you. And I don't usually suggest it, I have responded to posts of people either dropping it in water, or dropping the phone down stairs. You're right, its not my business and I'm sorry if I struck a nerve. Good luck on your app problem.

Also, the only reason I live at home is I'm 19 and I ship out for the military soon. No point in getting an appartment. :/
I was not offended nor did you strike a nerve. You seemed frustrated that not everyone buys insurance. I was simply trying to say get over it. It's not your problem so no point in getting worked up over it.

Jonas

Reaction score
Alright, I understand. Well do post back if you figure this problem out. I am interested in the solution as well.

maxwellag

Reaction score
I don't think this is device related, but it might be network related because I have a friend who has a LG Cosmos Touch, and she has accidentally sent texts to me a ton. (The cosmos touch is also verizon, but not a smartphone)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)

I'm not paying almost $200 for insurance $8 x 24 months
just not a good deal for me

shipping out for basic? good luck