No vibration for incoming texts.

fisherman50

Reaction score
I have looked through the forum and for any other solutions via google. I have also called tech support at Verizon and Motorola. Can someone confirm that my phone needs to be replaced?
My D2G won't vibrate when receiving texts. It vibrates for calls and alarms. Yes, both the text app settings and the D2G sound settings have been set to vibrate. I have rooted the phone, so I am concerned about a warranty replacement. Could rooting it have caused the problem? Any reason to un-root and re-root? Any other ideas or thoughts? I have seen others with similar posts, but most people with the problem just didn't turn on the "vibrate" option in *both* places. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
One thing u don't wanna do is double post the same question. I believe a handful of ppl were trying to assist u. If anything, it could be a hardware issue and again, rooting would not have caused it. I suggest u have it checked out or have it replaced. However unrooting is what u may have to do. Good luck...

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA

OP
F

fisherman50

Reaction score
Hawaiian princess:
I didn't know if I posted the question in the right place on the forum. I do appreciate the help. I just haven't had a solution yet. I will be patient.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I know its ok. I checked my settings again, in Sound setting I have my Silent Mode checked and my Vibrate to always. try that then reboot again. not sure if it'll work but hey...gotta try all options right? Lol

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

leobg

Reaction score
Vibration for messaging is independent. Go to messaging client, menu/settings and look for "vibrate".

OP
F

fisherman50

Reaction score
I was about to sbf when I decided to start restoring some bloatware. I used root uninstaller. I restored vznavigator blockbuster amazon kindle and skype. It is now working again. I might try to freeze each one individually to see if I can isolate the cause. Too weird! But problem solved. Thanks everyone.

cutiedroid

Reaction score
I have these four apps, too, and the only one I actually use is Kindle. Calling these others bloatware, doesn't that mean that they're running in the background even if you haven't loaded them?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I was about to sbf when I decided to start restoring some bloatware. I used root uninstaller. I restored vznavigator blockbuster amazon kindle and skype. It is now working again. I might try to freeze each one individually to see if I can isolate the cause. Too weird! But problem solved. Thanks everyone.

Odd, none of those are in most roms yet they have full functions....

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I have these four apps, too, and the only one I actually use is Kindle. Calling these others bloatware, doesn't that mean that they're running in the background even if you haven't loaded them?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
To an extent yes, but also because there wasting storage space.

Odd, none of those are in most roms yet they have full functions....

I agree with Angel. The apps are not your problem. Did you try the settings method here?

OP
F

fisherman50

Reaction score
yes all possibilities were tried with tech support and forum suggestions. Like I said ~ reinstalling the files I removed has enabled the text vibration feature. I will try to isolate the issue and see if I can recreate the problem if anyone is interested (besides myself). I am perfectly capable of choosing the correct settings to make it work. And like I said I had tech support at motorola unable to make it work either. They told me to replace the phone. That is why I was trying to restore it to stock by replacing those files I removed. I will update after removing the same files again (one at a time).