Call recording

ZandarKoad

Reaction score
Fascinate

Alright, I've got my hands on a Fascinate (Verizon version of the Galaxy S). I rooted it, now I just need to take it back to Froyo somehow... Then load a Froyo ROM, then apply yet another phone hack.

Looks like I'm on a one man crusade.

DroidGr

Reaction score
it works

I have a small stand alone Sony voice recorder. It's a little larger than a pack of gum. I put my phone on speaker phone and set the voice recorder next to it, works great. I think I paid about $40 for the recorder. Not high tech or even elegant, but functional and it works.

grossdm

Reaction score
I recall on my DX I had an app for recording audio in the room. It was very quirky, to be sure, but I noticed one thing it did that surprised me.
When I was recording audio, if I received a phone call, it went about its business of recording both sides of the conversation. To top that, when the call ended, it went back to recording that ambient audio in the room.

I have a RAZR now, and I was in desperate need of finding a call recorder quickly, as I had just learned that I was to conference into a board meeting with my attorney out of town.
I failed to find one that worked.
I confess that I didn't try that old quirky app, probably because I assumed that this problem had been solved.
Sorry for being so long winded, but I can assure you with 100% confidence that you can record both sides of a conversation, at least on a DROID X.
God knows why these developers can't solve this problem with a nice dedicated app.

Edna566

Reaction score
There is no legal reason Moto wouldn't allow it.
8.jpg

jensor4

Reaction score
To record a phone conversation - easy

Install a voice recorder app such as Smart Voice.
When a call comes in or when you originate a call, turn on speaker phone.
Now start the voice recorder and the recorder will pick up what ever the microphone picks up. The mic will pick up what's coming out of the speaker. The incoming voice will be at a much lower amplitude than your voice, however it works!

jensor4