App that works in recording calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technoman

Reaction score
Do a search in the Market, there are several. Looks like there are some that have issues with some phones.

deftdrummer

Reaction score
All of the recorders have issues with all phones. Without root there just simply isn't an easy way to do this. Even with root no dev's seem interested.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but I too have legitimate uses for recording a phone call. For example I will be in the job market very soon and when dealing with appointment times, meeting locations and EXACT transcripts, an app like this would be incredibly useful.

That way, you don't have to call back and potentially embarrass yourself with simple questions. I know this is not necessarily legal, but it is not necessarily nefarious either.

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
You do realize that when you record someone on the phone that you are LEGALLY obligated to tell them that you are recording them don't you?

It all depends on your state laws New York City is a one way state so only one person yourself or the person you called needs to no Pennsylvania is a two way state so both parties would have to no you can google for your state laws on recording phone calls

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MrKleen

Reaction score
You do realize that when you record someone on the phone that you are LEGALLY obligated to tell them that you are recording them don't you?

It all depends on your state laws New York City is a one way state so only one person yourself or the person you called needs to no Pennsylvania is a two way state so both parties would have to no you can google for your state laws on recording phone calls

I don't understand what you mean by no Pennsylvania, or no you can google.

Not sure I know what you are trying to say.

Mont

Reaction score
I thought when I signed up for Google voice over a month ago, I seen that option and thought I seen a disclaimer when using it too. Can't really remember all that well because I had/have no intention of using that feature even if it came the phone stocked.

I would think about using it to record my lil sister calls to know what she up too she is sneaky. But now she has her own phone

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score

It goes by state if you live in a two way state both or all parties would need to know that the conversation is being recorded. In a one way state only one person would need to know the conversation is being record. To check on your state laws on recording conversation google it. I hope I made this better to understand

setlab

Reaction score
I don't know why developers arn't interested in finding a way to actually get a call recorder to work on a droid x. They could make a killing off of it as a paid app, there is NOTHING in the market that woks at the moment.

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
I don't know why developers arn't interested in finding a way to actually get a call recorder to work on a droid x. They could make a killing off of it as a paid app, there is NOTHING in the market that woks at the moment.

Yea I tried most of them and they sucked

Technoman

Reaction score
Even if the laws don't state it, the courts are leaning more toward privacy these days. I would bet that if you were to attempt to take something you recorded on your phone without the other persons knowledge it would not be permissible in court.

Additionally, I would bet that the other person could challenge you on privacy laws and counter sue you for damages.

The privacy laws are getting stronger every day, and with more and more identity theft they are going to keep pushing to seal all gaps. I am guessing that is the reason most developers avoid this type of APP.

dirtyfingers

Reaction score

It goes by state if you live in a two way state both or all parties would need to know that the conversation is being recorded. In a one way state only one person would need to know the conversation is being record. To check on your state laws on recording conversation google it. I hope I made this better to understand

Exactly... someone is up to date on their laws. The state I live in as long as one of the parties knows the call is being recorded it is legal and would be admicible in a court of law.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

setlab

Reaction score
Even if the laws don't state it, the courts are leaning more toward privacy these days. I would bet that if you were to attempt to take something you recorded on your phone without the other persons knowledge it would not be permissible in court.

Additionally, I would bet that the other person could challenge you on privacy laws and counter sue you for damages.

The privacy laws are getting stronger every day, and with more and more identity theft they are going to keep pushing to seal all gaps. I am guessing that is the reason most developers avoid this type of APP.

Only a small handfull of states need more than one person to be aware they are being recorded. So as long as both callers are in states that only require one party to know of the recording they are good to go, no grey area that the law can get threw.

Civil tort on the other hand could be a posibility, but that is something that can only come of unethical use of the recording, and not knowledge of the recording by itself.

As most, if not all people that want a call recording app will only use it for personal recolection or record either of those are non issues if you live in a free state.

Cuz97

Reaction score
Back on topic.

I need an app that records 2-way ASAP.

My reasons are for business. I need to record a conference call while driving because I obviously can't sit there and take notes while driving... well safely anyway:icon_eek:

piquat

Reaction score
This would be nice to record all calls to businesses I deal with.

You call verizon to complain about something. You call back two days later and suddenly they have no record of the call. Really? Well I do, would you like to hear it? The cable company, the utilities, all of them. Unless you sent them a certified letter, you have no proof you ever contacted them. They're all recording anyway, would be nice to have a copy of that.

TedMurphy

Reaction score
Conference call on a smartphone in the car

Call Trunk is perfect for that -- recording a conference call that you have joined while in the car. Just call in using the Call Trunk smartphone app for android, blackberry or iphone. Sign up on http://www.calltrunk.com and you'll be able record a phone call between any two phones immediately.

Call Trunk is cloud-based, keeps the call saved and available forever, free for the first 25 minutes. Contact me at [email protected] for more information.

piquat

Reaction score
Call Trunk is perfect for that -- recording a conference call that you have joined while in the car. Just call in using the Call Trunk smartphone app for android, blackberry or iphone. Sign up on http://www.calltrunk.com and you'll be able record a phone call between any two phones immediately.

Call Trunk is cloud-based, keeps the call saved and available forever, free for the first 25 minutes. Contact me at [email protected] for more information.

Does that work inbound?

Status
Not open for further replies.