App that works in recording calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedMurphy

Reaction score
No, sorry -- to work inbound, you'd have to pull a Google Voice and have a new number allocated to the cloud. Coming soon, sorry again.

SC-Texas

Reaction score

SC-Texas

Reaction score
Even if the laws don't state it, the courts are leaning more toward privacy these days. I would bet that if you were to attempt to take something you recorded on your phone without the other persons knowledge it would not be permissible in court.

Additionally, I would bet that the other person could challenge you on privacy laws and counter sue you for damages.

The privacy laws are getting stronger every day, and with more and more identity theft they are going to keep pushing to seal all gaps. I am guessing that is the reason most developers avoid this type of APP.

Sue away. In texas you would be paying the other guys attorney fees for a frivolous lawsuit that was bounced out on an msj.

I am not amazed that the first words are I would sue.

SC-Texas

Reaction score
You do realize that when you record someone on the phone that you are LEGALLY obligated to tell them that you are recording them don't you?

And yet another wholly incorrect and misleading statement.

Maybe you should study the law before you run around giving legal advice!

OP
D

dAi

Reaction score
*sighs*

all i wanted was a recording app that works...You won, Technoman. Im sorry if i offended you.

jwaggs

Reaction score
He simply asked for an app, then you got personal....what business is it of anyone's what he wants to do with the phone he owns..

Why so darn emotional?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

MrKleen

Reaction score
I would like the app also.

And if Technoman ever calls me I will certainly record the call.

Technoman

Reaction score
You all are a waste of time and energy. SC-Texas, go ahead and record a call in TX and attempt to use it in court. Maybe a lawsuit slapped on you would wake you up.

The issue and comment that was made that reflected a personal attack was deleted, and you can't see it anymore. I really don't care if you liked me questioning the "need" for such an APP, but I did not make any personal attacks on anyone.

SC-Texas, you need to back down or you will be next reported. Look at the number of posts that I have. These are from helping people in here from the OG Droid and now the Droid X. I don't need your personal attacks on me three times in a row. Funny thing is, that is your total number of posts. Perhaps this forum is not the place for you!!!!

Technoman

Reaction score
Even if the laws don't state it, the courts are leaning more toward privacy these days. I would bet that if you were to attempt to take something you recorded on your phone without the other persons knowledge it would not be permissible in court.

Additionally, I would bet that the other person could challenge you on privacy laws and counter sue you for damages.

The privacy laws are getting stronger every day, and with more and more identity theft they are going to keep pushing to seal all gaps. I am guessing that is the reason most developers avoid this type of APP.

Sue away. In texas you would be paying the other guys attorney fees for a frivolous lawsuit that was bounced out on an msj.

I am not amazed that the first words are I would sue.

By the way, if you actually read the post that I made you will see that I didn't state "I would sue" anywhere in my post. I stated the other person!!!! That meaning the person that was recorded without being informed that it was happening.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
My biz requires lots of number and specs to be collected on a call. If someone calls me through my web site and land line the call is recorded. There is a short blurb just like you hear on VZWs and many other lines... this call may be recorded . Should satisfy all wanna be lawyers.

I would like a similar app to collect data on my cell, so bump for the OP and a follow tag
for me

Technoman

Reaction score
My biz requires lots of number and specs to be collected on a call. If someone calls me through my web site and land line the call is recorded. There is a short blurb just like you hear on VZWs and many other lines... this call may be recorded . Should satisfy all wanna be lawyers.

I would like a similar app to collect data on my cell, so bump for the OP and a follow tag
for me

The most legitimate response that I have seen yet. And the fact that you comment "there is a short blurb saying this call may be recorded" is not only covering a possible legal requirement, but an ethical thing to do in a business practice.

For those who want to attack again, note the word POSSIBLE in the legal requirement.

frostyllama

Reaction score
You are all out of line! Sorry guys, I'm out of line.

SC-Texas, you need to back down or you will be next reported. Look at the number of posts that I have. These are from helping people in here from the OG Droid and now the Droid X. I don't need your personal attacks on me three times in a row. Funny thing is, that is your total number of posts. Perhaps this forum is not the place for you!!!!

Internetz, serious business.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

JustisLewis

Reaction score
In all fairness again, what he's said to you is no more a personal attack than what you initially said to the OP

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys, lets not have any personal attacks. I'm going to have to shut the thread down if it continues. Be respectful to each other. All of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.