Call Quality ???

cpinto

Reaction score
My #1 issue with the Droid 1 was call quality.

How are your listeners reporting that your voice sounds?

That will make the decision for me.

Thanks,

Craig

dwd3885

Reaction score
Ive made just one call on the X but it was so much better than the incredible and Evo and even nexus one I had before.

In the middle of the country, call quality was clear on my end. And my dad couldnt tell i was on a cell. Sounded great. On the incredible, quality was often muddy. Didn't have the original droid though.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the record, I have never seen a thread where people don't complain about call quality. Google ##Program for advice on what to do about this, I forget the exact instructions and it may or may not help. Also make sure that your PRL's are up to dat *228 coption 2.

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
mine is great. much better than my storm2. havent dropped cals in a few places i KNOW it should have.

people say the quality is better too

OP
C

cpinto

Reaction score
For the record, I have never seen a thread where people don't complain about call quality. Google ##Program for advice on what to do about this, I forget the exact instructions and it may or may not help. Also make sure that your PRL's are up to dat *228 coption 2.

Well, as you know the Droid 1 had a BIG problem with muffled call quality. All the fixes did no good. I pretty much have to talk very loud, and use my hand to cup the mic area so my listeners can hear me.

Went thru 4 Droids, all the same problem.

Moto claims they have changed the mics, so I wonder if the quality is better.

I hate when people talk loud on their cell phone in a public area, but right now, I am that person.

The other big gripe was answering a call. If you drop the slider midway across the screen, you hang up on them.

There is a good app that allows the camera button to answer. Works good, but I shouldn't need an app to answer a call.

This is not a Moto problem but rather Android.

I would like to long press a BIG GREEN button to answer.

Craig

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well, as you know the Droid 1 had a BIG problem with muffled call quality. All the fixes did no good. I pretty much have to talk very loud, and use my hand to cup the mic area so my listeners can hear me.

I hate when people talk loud on their cell phone in a public area, but right now, I am that person.

The other big gripe was answering a call. If you drop the slider midway across the screen, you hang up on them.

There is a good app that allows the camera button to answer. Works good, but I shouldn't need an app to answer a call.

Craig

What can I say? This is how the Droid works. If you have a problem with the slider and don't feel it should be necessary to use an app then take the phone back.

I myself don't have a problem with the slider, and it's kind of funny you mentioned the button app. I tried that thinking that might be helpful but by the time I got around to do it I was so darn use to the slide that I couldn't use the button!

I don't think the slide is going to change, that's just part of the Android way. As you point out for those having an issue you can get an app to make it work with the camera button.

OP
C

cpinto

Reaction score

Craig

What can I say? This is how the Droid works. If you have a problem with the slider and don't feel it should be necessary to use an app then take the phone back.

I myself don't have a problem with the slider, and it's kind of funny you mentioned the button app. I tried that thinking that might be helpful but by the time I got around to do it I was so darn use to the slide that I couldn't use the button!

I don't think the slide is going to change, that's just part of the Android way. As you point out for those having an issue you can get an app to make it work with the camera button.

Take what back, my 7 month old Droid 1? I don't think after 7 months Verizon will allow me to return it because I don't like the slider.

Maybe you didn't really read my post. I am asking a question to those who have the Droid X about call quality, and threw in the comment about the slider.

The issue with the slider is if you answer with one hand, you have quite a bit a real estate to travel with your thumb to answer the call. My thumb will just about not reach the end. If I accidently release the slider, it pops back and I lose the call.

A good idea would be to give a choice of how to answer, just like unlocking. Personally, a slider with a slight curve would be good for me. Others, would rather have a straight one.

I'm not the first to complain about this. With the larger screen, it may be impossible for me to answer with one hand.

If I do get an X, I'll just install the Cam button app. Maybe, Todd, the creator will modify it so any of the hard buttons will answer.

Craig

gerelee

Reaction score
you could always turn the slide lock off, then you don't have to worry about it :)

call quality on mine has been very good so far, though i haven't used it a lot for calls yet.

mungofromtheshire

Reaction score
Mine has been fine. I agree it will take a little while to get use to the slide. I don't think it will be much of an issue though.

OP
C

cpinto

Reaction score
you could always turn the slide lock off, then you don't have to worry about it :)

call quality on mine has been very good so far, though i haven't used it a lot for calls yet.

I did that for unlocking purposes, and use the pattern instead.

But, for answering calls, slider cannot be turned off.

gerelee

Reaction score

i turned off the slide and don't use the pattern either so there is no slide to unlock when i get a call....only the 'answer, ignore' screen.

ninefall

Reaction score
My gf couldn't believe how much more clear I sounded compared to my bb curve.

OP
C

cpinto

Reaction score

i turned off the slide and don't use the pattern either so there is no slide to unlock when i get a call....only the 'answer, ignore' screen.

So when you get a call, how do you answer?. I have to slide right to answer, left to ignore.