calibrating compass

M0pp3ry

Reaction score
has anyone been able to calibrate compass I can not get mine to turn green

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kevinkar

Reaction score
Yeah. It's not really intuitive as it says to swing it in a figure 8 until it turns green. It can take quite longer to do than you might expect.

Just hold it in your palm, face up and hold your arm out in front of you. Start moving it in front of you in a figure 8 (towards your chest, away from your chest...) and kind of wiggle your wrist with the phone as you do it so the top of the phone (where the power button is) kind of points left and right a bit as you swing it around.

Do that until it magically turns green. It may take a minute or longer to do depending on where you are standing, if there's metallic or electronic interference around (for example, it didn't seem to work very well in my home office near three computers but worked fairly quickly in my master bedroom where there's no real metal or electronics to mess with it.)

It should eventually calibrate.

N

Nickchapa

It takes FFE I got all mad and started spinning it everywhere then threw it at the couch and when I grabbedit it turned green :)

snodog

Reaction score
I am going to add that i NEVER could get it to turn green either until I read a post on some forum describing the insane methoid they used to do this...so I went out into the parking lot of my work and spent at least 5 minutes turning the DROID in loops tipping it forward and then tipping backward then sideways left then sideways right...this is also while looking at it every few turns to see if it has FINALLY turned green...which it finally did.

When i say 5 minutes that is not an exaggeration and when I was doing it is seemed like F'ing FOREVER...not to mention how self conscious i felt while people came and went on their daily business.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What you do is construct a paper pyramid. Point one end of the pyramid to the north and place your X in compass mode. Leave over night. Pyramid power will then correctly calibrate your X for you.

If anyone believes this, pm me. I have ocean front property in Arizona for sale.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I just followed the little image of the phone, basically rotating everything one direction (ie pitch to the rear, yaw to the left, roll to the left) then reversed and did the same thing only forward and to the right. Calibrated quick, only about 1 - 1 1/2 minutes.

OP
M

M0pp3ry

Reaction score
I tried the rotations that the animation shows and nothing. Then tried the figure eight thing and got a red compass instead of green.

vedwed

Reaction score
What you do is construct a paper pyramid. Point one end of the pyramid to the north and place your X in compass mode. Leave over night. Pyramid power will then correctly calibrate your X for you.

If anyone believes this, pm me. I have ocean front property in Arizona for sale.

ROFLMAO :rofl3:

too funny, got my laugh for the day, thanks. I needed it.