Compass won't calibrate

dberch

Reaction score
I was wandering around in Settings, Location and Security, and found "Calibrate Compass." No matter how much I rotate this silly thing it won't turn green. After a few minutes it turns RED! Compass seems to work though - always points more or less North.

Am I doing something wrong? Why won't it turn Green?

Thanks,
David

erict

Reaction score
I was wandering around in Settings, Location and Security, and found "Calibrate Compass." No matter how much I rotate this silly thing it won't turn green. After a few minutes it turns RED! Compass seems to work though - always points more or less North.

Am I doing something wrong? Why won't it turn Green?

Thanks,
David

Keep trying as it can be a little tricky sometimes. It took me a while to get mine to turn green.

Reaction score
When I first got the phone, the compass calibrated after a couple of minutes. After the OTA it took 10 minutes before it calibrated. You just have to keep going like erict said.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I found if you rotate your phone like the demonstration it calibrates, if you just go spinning it around it turns red every time

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

dberch

Reaction score
Sorry , doesn't work. I do it exactly like they show, still doesn't turn green. Can you check - does yours still say Calibrate Compass after you've done it? Or does it say Calibrated?

I'll keep trying.

www.davidberchtold.com

erict

Reaction score
Sorry , doesn't work. I do it exactly like they show, still doesn't turn green. Can you check - does yours still say Calibrate Compass after you've done it? Or does it say Calibrated?

I'll keep trying.

www.davidberchtold.com

I know it gets aggravating but as stated above, you have to keep trying and you will get it eventually.

OP
D

dberch

Reaction score
Yes, yes, got that. Can someone who has calibrated please check in settings - does it say calibrated, or does it still say Calibrate Compass?

Thanks!
David

www.davidberchtold.com

CD95YJ

Reaction score
You will get a notification that it calibrated, but if you go back to calibrate compass again it doesn't say that it has been calibrated.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jordan8

Reaction score
I gave up after like 5mins of trying when I first got my phone. May give it another try sometime.

Edit: Decided to give it a try after posting this, took it about a minute to calibrate. At first it turned red, then yellow & on to green with a notification saying it'd been calibrated.

Last edited:

Heavy2804

Reaction score
Try rebooting phone then before doing anything else, try to calibrate. That's how I got mine to calibrate. Also don't try to calibrate around magnetic fields, computer, stereo etc.