Calibrating the compass Droidx

Gamtu

Reaction score
I've tried the compass calibration routine both indoors and outdoors and I can't get it to calibrate.

Do you have to follow the routine exactly?

The instruction says it will turn green when calibrated. Mine keeps turning red so I assume I'm not doing it right. What do you do when it turns red? Do you have to restart the process or do you just keep going till it turns green?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've tried the compass calibration routine both indoors and outdoors and I can't get it to calibrate.

Do you have to follow the routine exactly?

The instruction says it will turn green when calibrated. Mine keeps turning red so I assume I'm not doing it right. What do you do when it turns red? Do you have to restart the process or do you just keep going till it turns green?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I couldn't get it to calibrate the first couple time I tried. But I finally got it. Just make sure you follow the instructions, keeping it as flat to the ground as you can. And also, make a full 360 degree in one motion. Don't go 180 one way and then twist the other way to hit all directions.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
The key is to just keep rotating in all directions until it turns green....it takes about a minute or so.

Cloud36426

Reaction score
I had to do a battery pull. It only took about a minute after the pull. Before the pull lots of trouble.

Guitar4Him

Reaction score
Before I calibrate mine, I always shut it off and reboot. Calibration then occurs within 1 minute. If I don't do the shutdown and reboot I never get anything but the red screen.