bypassing verizon voicemail password

george_chris

Reaction score
Hi,
First time post-recently signed with Verizon and have Droid X2. When I use my car's bluetooth and "voicemail", it tells me to punch in my password. What good is a car bluetooth, if I still have to punch in the numbers. Can someone help me solve this. Thanks
George

anuraj1

Reaction score
The way I do it is create a new contact called "voicemail", punch in your ten digit number, 2 pauses (you do this by pressing the menu button and choose "insert pause" twice) and then your pin number. So it will look like this:

555-555-5555,,1234

Save the contact and then go to Settings>Call settings>Voicemail Settings>Voicemail number and click the little contacts button and choose the new "voicemail contact you created.

This has the added benefit of making it free to check your voicemail since it is calling a VZW cell phone instead of dialing "*86" and taking up your minutes.

nikecar

Reaction score
The way I do it is create a new contact called "voicemail", punch in your ten digit number, 2 pauses (you do this by pressing the menu button and choose "insert pause" twice) and then your pin number. So it will look like this:

555-555-5555,,1234

Save the contact and then go to Settings>Call settings>Voicemail Settings>Voicemail number and click the little contacts button and choose the new "voicemail contact you created.

This has the added benefit of making it free to check your voicemail since it is calling a VZW cell phone instead of dialing "*86" and taking up your minutes.
I thought that some time ago, Verizon, when they changed their policy on dialing VM, made it so that even if you dial your own number, it would still charge you minutes. I remember this was close to the time they did away with the free holiday calling, and there was a bit of an uproar on both issues.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
What good is a car bluetooth, if I still have to punch in the numbers.
Depends on who you ask. It's not like Bluetooth doesn't function at all.

You might also be able to append your PIN to the VM number under Call Settings. I can't verify as I don't use VZW VM but that approach has been posted many times in the past (don't overlook search).

SGTiger

Reaction score
What good is a car bluetooth, if I still have to punch in the numbers.
Depends on who you ask. It's not like Bluetooth doesn't function at all.

You might also be able to append your PIN to the VM number under Call Settings. I can't verify as I don't use VZW VM but that approach has been posted many times in the past (don't overlook search).

LOL, anuraj1 posted the solution above in this thread.

OP
G

george_chris

Reaction score
No luck. I cannot enter the numbers and pauses into the phonebook of the car bluetooth. If I put in *86 then it'll pick up the bluetooth, but as for password

OP
G

george_chris

Reaction score
I did as he said and transferred the number to my car via bluetooth and when I tried to speaking voicemail it took me to an automated reply that international calls are billed........and the number that showed up on the screen had a 011 in front of it?
I'm into the end of first week of the 14 day grace period-Almost thinking of switching back to TMobile.
George

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't you set the car dialer (which is still using the phone) to dial *86 and save it as "voicemail"? Maybe that's too simple I'm not sure.

Nevermind. I finally READ through. You are interested in the password. Can't you shut it off once you are in the vm service?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

anuraj1

Reaction score
I would try changing the name of the new contact you created to "messages" or something because obviously your car thinks "voicemail" is some other contact or programmed number.

OP
G

george_chris

Reaction score
all would be fine but the car bluetooth just does not recognize the "pause".

OP
G

george_chris

Reaction score
Hi,
Actually I just figured out that I can submit my password followed by the pound sign orally, and then I have to press again and send....only problem is that the blue tooth voice recognition sometimes gets the wrong words? Can that go bad? Vehicle is still on warranty.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
On my OG Droid I go to.... Settings-Call Settings-Voicemail Settings it allows you to change your voicemail number. Just type in 2 commas (,) and then your pin. I'm not sure if this menu exists in all phone models though or if it's there and under a different menu/name.

ETA: Just checked my buddy's Evo 3D and he has this same option, but some menu items are named slightly different on his phone.

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On my OG Droid I go to.... Settings-Call Settings-Voicemail Settings it allows you to change your voicemail number. Just type in 2 commas (,) and then your pin. I'm not sure if this menu exists in all phone models though or if it's there and under a different menu/name.

He's talking about inputting the number into the vehicle, not the phone.