Voicemail ?

Gandyj

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and this is my first post/? so please bear with me. I was due for an upgrade and decided to try the devour because I liked it's keyboard better than the droid. I switched over from a Moto Q9c. I was leaning toward the droid but I thought it was more phone than I needed. After only a few days with the devour my thinking may be changing. My first question is this, when I try to retrieve a voicemail a screen pops up that says,
"Missing voicemail number no voicemail number is stored on the SIM card." What the heck does that mean? I thought it was asking for my voicemail code but when I put it in it still gives me the same message. I tried putting in my phone number, that didn't make any sense, but I put it in anyway. Still made no difference. I took it back to the verizon store today and the customer service rep did something that turned out to be a waste of my time. If I have to do *86 to get to the voicemail menu what is this other stuff? My second question has to do with bluetooth. I have a Parrot bluetooth minikit that I move from car to car because I hate holding a cellphone while I drive. I paired the phone to it and it shows it's connected and paired but when I try to use the bluetooth the prompts still come through the phone and not the bluetooth. Sorry for being so long but any advise would be helpful.

Thanks
Joe

Found the answer to my second question on another forum.
I/we'll have to wait for a fix from Motorola.

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dunno about the bluetooth but the SIM card you can move from phone to phone to keep your phone number. Except..Verizon doesn't use sim cards and the phones dont have them (unless I am mistaken). Call tech support again and run this issue by them while waiting for someone smarter than I to come along and perhaps answer your question better.

And...welcome to the forum, wish I could help more!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You probably would have better luck in a forum that is for the Devour. The Droid doesn't have GSM support (no SIM) so we wouldn't encounter such a message.

Verizon doesn't use sim cards and the phones dont have them (unless I am mistaken).
Hybrid devices do. I'm not saying the Devour is one of them -- I know little to nothing about it.