Buy one, get one free offer February 10!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Ok, posted elsewhere but for those who don't know what the BOGO acronym means...

mobile.theverge.com/2012/2/7/2781812/verizon-droid-razr-bogo-droid-4-launch-feb-10

Ref: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=197204
Bogo

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

donnie5336

Reaction score
Does anybody know how these offers work with those of us who just purchased one? I'll be within 14 days of just purchasing my Razr... sure wish I'd have known this ahead of time... :frown:

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Does anybody know how these offers work with those of us who just purchased one? I'll be within 14 days of just purchasing my Razr... sure wish I'd have known this ahead of time... :frown:

They will have to honor the offer for you, otherwise you can just cancel the current contract and start over if within the first 14 days.

donnie5336

Reaction score
They will have to honor the offer for you, otherwise you can just cancel the current contract and start over if within the first 14 days.

That is EXCELLENT news!!!

Zandar

Reaction score
If you're purchasing a single phone, Amazon has the 32GB RAZR for $99 right now and the RAZR Maxx for $199 (also, the Rezound for $79 and the GNex for $99).

donnie5336

Reaction score

Well, I just called VZW to ask about it. Not really sure yet because it felt like I was sort-of getting the run-around... but never-the-less, I was told in the end that its for new customers only, no contract renewals or upgrades. Mine was a contract renewal/upgrade. So, no free phone for me. Kinda sucks though that these companies offer the best promotions to new customers and never anything special for long-term customers, (I've been with them 10+ years). Bummer.

Zandar

Reaction score
Well, I just called VZW to ask about it. Not really sure yet because it felt like I was sort-of getting the run-around... but never-the-less, I was told in the end that its for new customers only, no contract renewals or upgrades. Mine was a contract renewal/upgrade. So, no free phone for me. Kinda sucks though that these companies offer the best promotions to new customers and never anything special for long-term customers, (I've been with them 10+ years). Bummer.
You can always try to call their customer retention team (the ones who try to get you not to cancel service), but I don't know their direct line. I'm sure Google does, though.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Well, I didn't know you were an upgrade. Still, Donnie5336 is right. Call 800-922-0204 and ask for customer retention. They will either tell you there is no customer retention division anymore or they'll ask you what you want. Either way, spill your beans. Tell them how upset you are that they are offering 2 for 1 coming and you still have time remaining on your 14 day worry free return policy. Tell them you want to be able to video chat with your wife/husband/lover/friend, and that s/he doesn't have a video phone. Tell them that for what you paid to upgrade, other people are getting two phones. Tell them that it is discrimination against you, a long-standing and good paying customer, and for the new, off the street first-time buyers. Make it clear that with 2 smart phones, you'll need 2 data plans (double-data for $30/month), and that means more revenue for them. Tell them if you are unable to make this work, you are prepared to return the RAZR and drop back to non-data flip-phones.

If you whine and complain (nicely and politely, mind you - not ignorantly or condescendingly) long enough and with enough heart and soul, they may very well give you some assistance.

You can also reach the same department from your cell phone with *611.

Good luck.

tituswife

Reaction score
If you're purchasing a single phone, Amazon has the 32GB RAZR for $99 right now and the RAZR Maxx for $199 (also, the Rezound for $79 and the GNex for $99).

I couldn't find any of those phones at those prices.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

PapiLouis

Reaction score
I couldn't find any of those phones at those prices.

Are you looking at amazonwireless?? they show that price for me, you have to be a new customer or adding a line i believe to get those prices though.
i canceled my order of 2 maxxes on amazon for this double data and BOGO deal.

tituswife

Reaction score
I didn't know there was an Amazon Wireless! Thank you! How does this work? I need a good backup smartphone. I can use my husband's upgrade. I'm assuming I will need that and to extend the contract to use one of these phones. I was considering a used Amazon purchase, to avoid the contract extension, and using my husband's upgrade.

SallyC

Reaction score
I didn't know there was an Amazon Wireless! Thank you! How does this work? I need a good backup smartphone. I can use my husband's upgrade. I'm assuming I will need that and to extend the contract to use one of these phones. I was considering a used Amazon purchase, to avoid the contract extension, and using my husband's upgrade.

AmazonWireless: Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, and Accessories All the info you need is there! Enjoy!:icon_ banana:

PapiLouis

Reaction score
anyone know if the double data works for all data plans or just the 2gb data plan??? TIA

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
anyone know if the double data works for all data plans or just the 2gb data plan??? TIA

Just 2GB plan doubled to 4GB, not limited to only 4G, but also 3G.