VZW Reveals Moto Droid 4 Release Date & Several Promos: BOGO, Double Data & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizonlte.png

Verizon Wireless officially announced that the Motorola Droid 4 will be arriving on February 10th, which is what we had been hearing. They also shared details on a bevy of great promotions they will be rolling out at the same time. They will be hitting consumers with the following great deals:
  • The DROID 4 will retail for for $199.99 on a two-year agreement.
  • All Motorola RAZR smartphones, including the new Droid RAZR MAXX and the purple and white color models will have a BOGO deal (buy one get one free).
  • Verizon will also herald the return of their double data promotion, which doubles your smartphone data for any 4G LTE smartphone purchase. It will basically give you 4GB of data for just $30 bucks a month.
  • For folks that are still sporting the old feature phones/basic cell phones, Big Red offers a trade-in deal for a $30 instant Verizon gift card for your old phone.
  • Finally, Verizon will give customers $100 off any 4G LTE tablet when you buy any phone and two-year agreement.
Apparently, VZW decided to get ultra-competitive with some of their late winter promotions. What do you guys think?

Source: BGR

thc1967

Reaction score
How long after a sale will Verizon let us trade-in-trade-up for a new deal? I just bought a RAZR but would love to take advantage of the BOGO to get my wife one too.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do the BOGO deals work anyway? Do both have to be applied on a line that is up for an upgrade? Or could you put one on a line due for an upgrade and just extend the contract two years from the date on another line not due for an upgrade?

I'm assuming its the previous, but I'd like this to be a present for my girl and the latter would be the only way possible.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Love the BOGO offer. My wife and I got our first smartphones BOGO in Dec. of 09. I kind of wish I had waited until now to get our Razr's. Would have saved me $300.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
now I have to go play with the phone and decide if I REALLY REALLY want to trade my bionic for the D4 or wait for the droid5 and hope it ha a bigger screen.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
any info on the BOGO? I'm not due for a new phone until Jan 2013, but my fiance is due for a new phone this week.

dja1980

Reaction score
I am also curious as to how the BOGO offer works. I bought my wife a Razr for Christmas, and I'd like to get one as well. I'm wondering if I buy one and get a free one, if I can sell it as new on eBay.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am also curious as to how the BOGO offer works. I bought my wife a Razr for Christmas, and I'd like to get one as well. I'm wondering if I buy one and get a free one, if I can sell it as new on eBay.

Doubt that, unless you are ready to pay the early out fee.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Bogo must be 2 upgrades/new lines or some combination thereof...no bogo for lines ineligible for an upgrade.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

fingaz

Reaction score
"For folks that are still sporting the old feature phones/basic cell phones, Big Red offers a trade-in deal for a $30 instant Verizon gift card for your old phone."

Does my Droid Eris count as a basic cell phone?

Yonahdad

Reaction score
I qualify for an early upgrade now(secondary line is due Sept 12), can I do the BOGO & basically upgrade both lines?

PapiLouis

Reaction score
Wow i am so glad i read this article. I recently ordered 2 RAZR Maxxes on amazon for $400, but they were back ordered so my payment wasn't finalized. Ill probably end up paying around $400 either way through Verizon, because I'm assuming I will still have to pay taxes on the full price of the 2 phones, but not so clear on this...can anyone clear this up for me??? Thanks :D

Getting double data deal is definitely a huge bonus for me, since I will be a new customer with Verizon. Needless to say I cancelled my order on Amazon as soon as I read this article.

Big ups to DGStorm for posting this :yahoo:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow i am so glad i read this article. I recently ordered 2 RAZR Maxxes on amazon for $400, but they were back ordered so my payment wasn't finalized. Ill probably end up paying around $400 either way through Verizon, because I'm assuming I will still have to pay taxes on the full price of the 2 phones, but not so clear on this...can anyone clear this up for me??? Thanks :D

Getting double data deal is definitely a huge bonus for me, since I will be a new customer with Verizon. Needless to say I cancelled my order on Amazon as soon as I read this article.

Big ups to DGStorm for posting this :yahoo:

Depends on your state whether you pay taxes on the reduced price of one phone, the full price of one phone, or the full price of both phones.