Verizon Back to School Promo; Buy One Get One Free on Droid3 or DroidX2

enzom3

Reaction score
Just ordered two for wife and myself. Should be here in two days.

We went to the verizon store so she can see the phone. She actually likes the Charge's display better, but then when I told her it'll cost us $149 for two X2's, versus $498 for two Charge's, it was a no brainer. LTE is getting turned on in our market in a few days but it's not a big deal for me, since we're either on wifi at home or school, or on the road where there will never be LTE.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I like people not getting superior 3g phones in waiting for a 4g phone. That means my already fast D3 will get even faster when people stop using up my 3g bandwidth when they jump to the battery hogging, huge radio 4g. dancedroid

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
3g phones are at there prime. I let go of the 4G hype a while back because what are you going to use 4g for anyways? What is one downloading on their phone where they need crazy data speeds? Gigs of what? I get fast 3g at 1.3+ on the inc2. I can stream hd video, music, etc no problem. The software on the x2 would turn me off more than no 4G would.

sent from my inc2

pistacio

Reaction score
I just hit the button. Coming from a D1, I was on the fence about the D3 but ultimately decided not to pass up on the BOGO offer. With my upgrade and credit, and an upgrade on another line, got two D3's for $149.99. Who needs 4g anyway...

I can also confirm this deal works for existing customers, not only for new activations.

bigdad63

Reaction score
I just hit the button. Coming from a D1, I was on the fence about the D3 but ultimately decided not to pass up on the BOGO offer. With my upgrade and credit, and an upgrade on another line, got two D3's for $149.99. Who needs 4g anyway...

I can also confirm this deal works for existing customers, not only for new activations.

I loved the D3 when I tried it, but it and all of the other new phones I tried on 3g at the store took 12-25 seconds to download a page (with very little memory utilized). And even though I loved the keyboard as well, 4g is supposed to arrive in the first part of '12 and take away the pain.

BassinMaumee

Reaction score
My wife and I took advantage of the deal on the x2, we were both eligible for an upgrade. I wanted the bionic really badly, but I cant justify spending 300$ on a phone. My d1 was acting crazy and just not running very well, so I got a phone I think had everything the bionic has except 4g (which we just got in my city 2days ago) which doesnt bother me, I will be able to upgrade to a 4g phone again some time and I will get one then. I am extremely happy with my x2, I just cant wait to get the gb update.