busted lock button...

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by CorkYRogers, Jun 12, 2010.

1. CorkYRogers

CorkYRogers New Member

So the lock/power button on my droid is busted. I guess the best way to describe the problem is that its stuck in the down position. If I press it at a certain angle, it would work but its rather annoying now to keep doing that. Anyone know of a way to pop it back up? What would my options be? Any help would be great. Thanks!
  2. korp

korp New Member

Had the same problem 2 months ago. I took mine back to Verizon and got it replaced.
  3. CorkYRogers

CorkYRogers New Member

Really? That's it? Sweet, thanks! lol...I was probably gonna head there in the morning anyways but figured they'd make me go through insurance and get a refurb model or something.
  4. frankieg22x

frankieg22x New Member

mine is also stuck. Did they replace it without any problems?
  5. CorkYRogers

CorkYRogers New Member

Not at all. I went to 2 places....best buy and a verizon store. Best buy said since I didn't buy the phone there with their protection plan there's nothing they could do. Verizon store gave it to a tech and he got it to come out a bit more. But you still have to hit it at a correct angle for it to work even tho its not as bad as it was before. He said that was probably all he'd be able to do since it was a minor issue and not a hardware issue. I might end up calling verizon customer support to see if anything can be done.
  6. korp

korp New Member

They replaced mine no problem ... my home/search/back/menu buttons also stopped functioning too though and mine is a refurb pretty sure.

That's stupid .... I could see if you cracked the screen with a hammer but we are talking from normal use and because of the fact it's a cheap button they should not be saying that. I would definitely call up customer support .... also add the fact that it's killing your battery life and so on making the phone usable for a couple hours without charging again. You could always throw the threatening to cancel service if you want. ;-)