"Build your own" RAZR MAXX???

need2know

Reaction score
Hi, I am a newbie so this may be a really stupid question. Verizon sells the MAXX for $100 more than a regular RAZR (regular battery, 16GB). It seems like I could buy a regular RAZR and add an aftermarket extended battery & 16GB microSD card for a lot less money (even more as I am not sure I need the addl 16GB, I would probably wait until I used the first 16GB to buy the card). is this a bad idea?
Thanks!

LostinBlackHills

Reaction score
You don't have ability to swap your battery as it is built in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Manufacturing warranty worth $100 your decision ...

----posted maxx'ed out----

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You don't have ability to swap your battery as it is built in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Hi, I am a newbie so this may be a really stupid question. Verizon sells the MAXX for $100 more than a regular RAZR (regular battery, 16GB). It seems like I could buy a regular RAZR and add an aftermarket extended battery & 16GB microSD card for a lot less money (even more as I am not sure I need the addl 16GB, I would probably wait until I used the first 16GB to buy the card). is this a bad idea?
Thanks!

Not a stupid question. This is on the minds of many a RAZR owner since the MAXX came out. Its just not that simple. As LostinBlackHills stated, the battery isn't user-replaceable. Also, the back isn't the only thing that would need replacing. Since the SIM/SD Card door would need to be extended to meet up with the back cover, the center Bezel (half way between the front and back cover) also needs to be replaced.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
N

need2know

Reaction score
Thanks to LostInBlackHills and FoxKat. Sometimes the answers, and my decision - are easy. On to the MAXX!

Not a stupid question. This is on the minds of many a RAZR owner since the MAXX came out. Its just not that simple. As LostinBlackHills stated, the battery isn't user-replaceable. Also, the back isn't the only thing that would need replacing. Since the SIM/SD Card door would need to be extended to meet up with the back cover, the center Bezel (half way between the front and back cover) also needs to be replaced.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

mmcompute

Reaction score
There is a thread somewhere - maybe on the Android forums - where a user has done just this. BTW, you can remove the battery by popping the phone apart. YouTube can teach you this.