upgrading maxx or 32gb?

drunkclever

Reaction score
ohh gezzz.. yeah. I really am not sure which one I want. I got my 2 year upgrade and want to move out of my DX. which i love :( but its not 4g.. and a friend of mine has a razr.. and its fast as hell.. take quick pictures.. viewing the web is emaZeing.. My phone will be near a source of power for most of the day... so i dont believe I will need the maxx... I got a 16gb sd card in my dx.. and its only filled half way.. so i dont see in needing the storage...

...thoughts?

H3Dude

Reaction score
If you have the money, don't hold back. My battery lasts 17 hours. I have owned all the 4g phones from Verizon. I am never happy until now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Zandar

Reaction score
If you aren't wowed by the form factor of the RAZR, go with the Maxx. Battery life is a beautiful thing to have when you need it. If you don't are about battery life, though, the RAZR 16GB still has good battery, the best form factor out right now, and you can toss in your old 16GB card in a snap (what I did). Bottom line, though: you really can't make a bad choice between the two.

iguanad

Reaction score
To me its kind off like spending $100 for an extended battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

benz0

Reaction score
If ya have the cash, get the Maxx!! Never had I left my 4g on and lasted all day!!! My other 4g lte phones would have not last toward mid day!!vI have access to a charger all day, buy man oh man, nice to not use 2-4 times a day. If i really wanted to conserve battery, i would just use 3g. I quite sure 3g will give ya 2 days before next charge! Haven't tried it yet, just got this puppy yesterday and TRUELY, LOVING, using 4g, without having to toggle all the time to conserve battery!!

jdroid80

Reaction score
Try them both and get the one that feels right. My Razr held up pretty good today compared to my wife's maxx.

We're still testing though. She's only had it for less than a week so far. However, I didn't have any issues today with battery life.

mcsoul

Reaction score
I'm using the RAZR 16g with a 32mb card. I was charging every 5 hours before I enabled smart actions. Since I enabled SA I have been getting crazy
battery life on the non-maxx. Today I'm 15 hours and 15 minutes on battery, 80% left. Of course there is no bg sync, wifi or BT when the display is off.
I don't care the battery life is unreal, the phone is thin and light.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Abused the heck out of my razr the other day, 4g, wifi, pushed data, every live widget, drunk texting nonstop, E-mail, blabbing on the phone, and still couldn't get below 40% by the morning. Still have to try streaming music, playing angry birds while having a video conference discussing moot points while navigation tells me where I'm going.

If your not on the razr's edge "strop" aside.

Reaction score
I would get the og razr the maxx is to thick to be a razr phone in my opinion. but I get 17-19 hours in 1 charge. Smart action dose help a lot.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Bye the maxx, ( it's better to have 4 wheel drive and not need it than need it and not have it) if you swing it, but if not you'll not be disappointed with either one.

Razr's edges are derivatives of two angles.

doggy2965

Reaction score
I've had both if your a power user or have no access to charge your phone during they day then buy the Maxx. If you want the thinner phone and aren't a power user by the RAZR. Both work the same and in my opinion the best phone on the market.

robert70

Reaction score
Bye the maxx, ( it's better to have 4 wheel drive and not need it than need it and not have it) if you swing it, but if not you'll not be disappointed with either one.

Razr's edges are derivatives of two angles.

Well said.

DocsDad

Reaction score
We will probably save the $100 for my wife and get the Razr (and install her 16 gb card). She doesn't use the battery like I do.

I traded in my Razr for the Maxx because it was the same price at the time and within the 14 day return policy. I do use the phone a lot and I am GRATEFUL for the Maxx's battery which is outstanding. I will say that I did get anywhere from 6-17 hours (if I was gentle) on the regular Razr. And even though I like the Razr's beauty, the Maxx fits better in my hand without a case.

DSGMach1

Reaction score
If you want something that will last all day on a charge without any worry get the maxx. If you will be close to a power source regularly get the razr.

I got the maxx because i need the worry free battery life with my job.

/thread