RAZR to RAZR MAXX "Swap"

Det_Riot

Reaction score
Whats up guys, first post dancedroid , I cracked my screen a while ago and it's finally starting to annoy me for whatever reason. Being that I'm still on the RAZR battery, battery life has been less than ideal. Is it possible to buy someone's bricked RAZR Maxx off ebay or craigslist and basically swap the guts of my RAZR into their casing? I know the battery stuff can swap over because they sell the upgrade kit but will the screen and digitizer swap over as well? Or should I just get the battery upgrade kit and the replacement screen and digitizer?

Thanks!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Although both phones are basically the same, with the battery being larger it has a different case configuration for the back and the sim/SD-card slot. People have successfully changed a RAZR into a MAXX by swapping put the back and battery but I am not aware of a full motherboard transplant from RAZR to MAXX.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
D

Det_Riot

Reaction score
Hmmm okay thanks guys, if I find a bricked maxx I might have to try it since I need a new screen anyways

drew96dawg

Reaction score
You can get a razr to maxx conversion kit for 126 on amazon. Im not sure what a razr digitizer costs though

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

paul7602

Reaction score
swap

You can swap everything over to the maxx!! Just watch a couple of you tube videos and its pretty easy to do! Just be careful removing the screen from the motherboard!