Bugless Beast 4.0.3 available on ROM Manager. Any info?

ShiroZ31

Reaction score
just got the new nightly 12/23 from ROM manager, and everything is working great EXCEPT the Gmail widget doesnt show my inbox messages!!! kinda frustrating, and also clockr sometimes messes up the time/color figuration's i have chosen... ONLY problems i have found

Does clockr randomly hang for you? I have to remove/reinstall the widget or reboot periodically b/c the widget freezes up. It did it on my D1 as well, maybe it's a Zeam thing...

satriani72

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the lag in camera shutter after installing BB? It's a noticeable difference from stock. Is there a reason/fix for this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

mormile

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the lag in camera shutter after installing BB? It's a noticeable difference from stock. Is there a reason/fix for this?

OMG yes dude!!! its DEF a noticeable lag, very annoying

KaosMcRage

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe a focus lag on initial snap but I can spam successive pics pretty fast. No different from stock as far as I can tell.

satriani72

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe a focus lag on initial snap but I can spam successive pics pretty fast. No different from stock as far as I can tell.

It is only the initial snap, but stock focuses quick from the get go. It does seem to make it harder to get a bad picture, and but you lose the instant snap on that first shot. Not sure if it's worth it :/

otter34

Reaction score
I'm having some serious problems and my phone is unusable. I keep getting force closes and my apps aren't there. I can't even login to anything. Voice search has stopped responding about 100x when I try to do anything. The home button does nothing but vibrate. All I can do is go backwards. I go to accounts and try to add account and am prompted to get an account. I click on that and it gives me a black screen again where all I can add an account. I click that and it brings me back. I've wiped and wiped and just now did a factory reset, but I still get the same problems. Everything has stopped as soon as I boot. Voice search, gmail are the main 2. How can I get my phone functional again? I can mount the phone so I can transfer files (in theory) but I can't install them and wouldn't even know what to install.

edit: I can make phone calls at least, but voice search keeps stopping in the middle of everything. When I try to login to market and "get an account" that force closes as well. I can't use the keyboard either. Nothing happens

I don't even know what rom I have. Kernel is 3.08-gaaa2611 build@apa28#1. Buildnumber ICL53F. Android version 4.0.2. I do have google wallet now so I know I have some rom on there.

I can't boot into recovery

KaosMcRage

Reaction score
How is this related to Bugless Beast? Honest question, just making sure we have the facts before trying to help.

otter34

Reaction score
It might not be. I really don't know but it happened after I tried installing bugless beast through ROM manager. Here is the long story. I was trying to install a different rom the "old fashioned" way of dropping it onto the root then installing through recovery but had no luck at all. When I tried booting into recovery I saw the android w/ his stomach open I wait and wait but then it just reboots. The only thing that changes that is if I hold the power button and volume keys again. When I do that the screen is purple and reads:

Android system recovery <3e>
Volume up/down to move highlight:
Power button to select.

reboot system now
apply update from /cache
wipe data/factory reset (I've wiped at least 4 times w/ no luck)
wipe cache partition

If I select option 2 it says choose a package to install:
../
lost+found/
recovery/

I select recovery then it says
../ If I select that (which is my only option) it takes me back a screen

I go back and select lost+found and it also only gives me the option ../
so both of them send me back to the last screen

OK so that happened 4 or 5 times and I said screw it I'm going w/ bugless beast from ROM manager and after that I had this problem. I wiped delvik and that was the first time I ever got the normal recovery screen, the one that gives you the option to reboot, install from sd, wipe data, wipe cache, backup/restore...etc...I don't remember which option I selected but when it rebooted I had a different ROM and I had google wallet.

KaosMcRage

Reaction score
In your current state, can you get to ROM Manager through the app drawer? Regardless, I guess I would recommend the following:

1. Download http://wonderly.com/bb/TORO/ROM/ICECREAMSANDWICH/pete_toro_ota_12-22-11.zip and get it to your sdcard.
2. Boot up ClockworkMod Recovery using the fastboot method. ( [RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery *CDMA Edition* - xda-developers )
3. Wipe everything that CWM Recovery will wipe for you.
4. Flash pete_toro_ota_12-22-11.zip with CWM Recovery.
5. Reboot.

That should get you to a fresh install of Bugless Beast.

otter34

Reaction score
No I can't get to rom manager, nor can I get to the market to download it. I'll check into the fastboot method. Thanks oh so much

KaosMcRage

Reaction score
No problem, we'll get you through this one way or another.

pnovak67

Reaction score
new build posted today.... seems to be running fine.

OC'ed to 1.42ghz - like butter.