Bugless Beast 4.0.3 available on ROM Manager. Any info?

OP
1quickv6

1quickv6

Reaction score
Calendar sync fixed with newest gapps-10 release just so you know.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Thanks for the heads-up powerwagon. I went ahead and got it from Birdman in case Pete doesn't roll it into his release. But knowing Pete, he will included all the latest and greatest. DancingNexus

pnovak67

Reaction score
no keypad when activating?

After doing a full data/cache wipe and installing Pete's 4.0.3 nightly, my signal strength stays grey (not connected to google server?) and when I try to activate via *228 I can't pull up the keypad to select any of the options.

arrrrgh....

EAK

Reaction score
you don't want to do *228 on this phone. You just have to sign in to your google account.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
After doing a full data/cache wipe and installing Pete's 4.0.3 nightly, my signal strength stays grey (not connected to google server?) and when I try to activate via *228 I can't pull up the keypad to select any of the options.

arrrrgh....

Any time I experience issues with a new rom install, and particularly if those issues are not widely reported as a bug for that rom, I immediately reinstall the rom. I usually do it without wipes the first time. If that doesn't solve the issue, I redo the install with wipes. This routine has worked for me every single time over the past two years.

Also, I don't believe you are supposed to do the *228 thing with a phone that has a sim card (well, at least that's what I've read on the internet (it must be true then right??)).

Good luck.

Executioner

Reaction score
This is unreal... my phone needs to get here... I've been with Bugless since the 1st rom on the OG. Looking forward to continue on with Bugless on the Nexus dancedroid

pnovak67

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice...I did multiple wipes, then installed twice...did the trick.

Any time I experience issues with a new rom install, and particularly if those issues are not widely reported as a bug for that rom, I immediately reinstall the rom. I usually do it without wipes the first time. If that doesn't solve the issue, I redo the install with wipes. This routine has worked for me every single time over the past two years.

Also, I don't believe you are supposed to do the *228 thing with a phone that has a sim card (well, at least that's what I've read on the internet (it must be true then right??)).

Good luck.

prowler85

Reaction score
Just to add a little ooomph, no, NEVER do a *228 on a 4g phone. The SIM card holds the info. You can in fact move the sim card from one phone to another and don't need to activate, since the info is on the sim card. The only thing required is that the sim card slots on both phones are the same size (GNex has micro sim). Couldn't do this from my Bionic as it has a standard sim.

And I've heard it can cause some issues with the software if you try to do a *228. SO DON'T DO IT! :icon_ nono:

:p

OP
1quickv6

1quickv6

Reaction score
Awesome, looking forward to your review.

Superman

Reaction score
Calendar sync works now. Don't know about account restore because I didn't do a full wipe (dalvik only). Wallet still not working. :(

mwahlquist

Reaction score
I'm running this too. Fantastic as always. This is going to be bugless, but this is just a nightly. Wallet was working before on stock... not on 4.0.3. Signatures thing according to Pete.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mormile

Reaction score
hey guys i need a lil help if possible... I dled Bugless from Rom manager and tried to install it, and i just got a looped bootloader and had to factory reset the phone. Anyone know why this might of happened??

mwahlquist

Reaction score
you may have pulled your battery too soon.

after installing the rom the boot animation may seem to go on forever, as the operating system comes up for the first time. The animation seems to loop indefinitely until it is done.

Or did you have it truly cycle power>?

I would recommend manually downloading the ROM to your /sdcard. manually boot recovery, wipe and install.

Its a great rom with a pretty fantastic surprise coming soon.