Bugless Beast 4.0.3 available on ROM Manager. Any info?

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus ROMS' started by 1quickv6, Dec 20, 2011.

1. alucard9114

alucard9114 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Same here im a happy camper.DancingNexus

2. mormile

mormile New Member

Ratings:
    +0

THANKS!!!! So do i have to use Rom manager to download it? im a lil confused, on my OG droid i used to long press X to get into recovery then load roms up that way, but its benn FOREVER since ive done it. Im kinda a newb all over again. Do i download it from Rom manager, go into recovery then find it and load it? OR do i need to download it from this site put it on my sd then do it that way? Thanks again for the help!

3. kodiak799

kodiak799 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +294
    Haha....I didn't know that. I tried several times. Fortunately, VZW blocks your phone from updating with that. I don't seem to be having any issues so guess I'm in the clear.

4. tyson1

tyson1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can download from Rom Manager - but seems like the one on RM is from 12/20. Peter has uploaded a new one on his site dated 12/22. Download site: ROM - Downloads (verizon LTE version). You can then put on your phone - and flash via rom manger, or go directly in CWM

5. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Is there any info on these Roms? On his site there is no info as for what he did and they are still listed as nightly, to be expected, but how stable are they?

I've been running Android HD and have not had a single issue, although I haven't noticed much of a difference either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

6. darthmuffin

darthmuffin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can use ROM manager, but I prefer to use clockworkmod and it's recommended to use rather than ROM Manager in a few cases. CWM usage will be very similar to what you're used to on your OG droid. Download the ROM and save it to the /sdcard directory. Boot to recovery (hold down both volumes while powering on, then up arrow to recovery and press power, from there it should look familiar).

Bugless Beast has a good rep as being stable. Pete's Alpha releases are more stable than some final releases.

Last night's build of BB is running great for me. It may be a little choppy, but maybe my phone was still loading some apps. Anyhow, if Android HD is working for you I would wait a few revisions until BB gets even better. After 4.0.3 OTA hits the air and any of it's improvements get integrated would be a good time.

7. rod

rod Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I've been running the ROM Manager version for a little over 12 hours, so it's still way too soon for me to give any good reviews. I will notice that first impressions seem to greatly increase battery life and some transitions (opening apps; switching between apps) seem to be noticably improved. I'm coming from the d1 where I ran BB for nearly it's entire lifespan. I'd stray occasionally, but would always come back to the stability of BB. Looking forward to the developmental progression of the Nexus and 4.0 with BB.

8. Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Newest build is running very smooth for me so far. An a special bonus, despite the fact I never set up tethering, it is working no problem with my phone now on BB. Of course, I won't use it, as I don't want to get a crazy bill from Big Red since I don't have a tethering plan. I just surfed a little bit while both USB tethered and wifi tethered to verify it worked. Did not try bluetooth tether, but I assume it works as well.

9. 1quickv6

1quickv6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That is outstanding news. I knew it was only a matter of time.

10. pnovak67

pnovak67 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    screencap broken? (minor complaint)

Anyone else try the built in screen cap (power and volume down) I can't get it to work with 4.0.3 builds, but it worked with Pete's 4.02. I know it's tricky but no success yet.

Otherwise - SUPER SMOOTH ROM! Running at faux123's kernel @ 1.35ghz and added 4th softkey and hidden menu keys - and Nova Launcher for scrolling docks.

2011.12.22-23.55.17[1].jpeg

11. KaosMcRage

KaosMcRage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Screenshot works for me on 12-22 nightly.

12. pnovak67

pnovak67 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    DOH! I wasn't holding the two keys down long enough....

Works fine... my bad.

13. darthmuffin

darthmuffin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I noticed that pete has pulled the 12-21 build from his downloads page, although earlier builds are still there. Was there some critical problem found with it that would make me want to upgrade to 12-22 right away?

14. pnovak67

pnovak67 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the 12/21 build and then updated to 12/22 without wiping - no problems....

The difference - "it's one higher" - Nigel Tufnel ;-)

15. mormile

mormile New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just got the new nightly 12/23 from ROM manager, and everything is working great EXCEPT the Gmail widget doesnt show my inbox messages!!! kinda frustrating, and also clockr sometimes messes up the time/color figuration's i have chosen... ONLY problems i have found

Search tags for this page

bugless best via rom manager download