bricked my bionic need some help

O2VW1.8T

Reaction score
So the root went fine, but when i was trying to load a new rom i loaded the wrong one and it all went wrong. It wont go into fastboot so i can use rsd lite and do a factory reflash, I plug in my charger and the dual core screen comes on and stay on forever. Plug it to my computer nothing happens. Im lost no idea what to do, i went to verizon and they ordered me a new one under warranty but i want to boot it up to a stock flash so i dont get charged if they ever find out.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your telling him to get it wet?
factory warranty doesn't cover water damage, insurance would but it's gonna cost a deductible..

It's fixable I bet. someone with knowledge will Chime in soon...
Ignore irrational statement s like above...

Edit: chime ^
posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

DAVID2010

Reaction score
This must be one of the reasons companies don't want to endorse hacking devices. If/when people brick it/screw up the customer usually wants the company to pay for another one. Because of course who wants to screw there expansive smartphone up and pay for another one even though they were at fault?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
^ +1000 although I root my phones but I absolutely make sure I know what I am doing and only follow trusted sources but when the day comes I accidentally mess something up, I carry insurance. It is not the carrier or manufacturers fault or responsibility to make up for my mistake. What happened to the days when good people took responsibility for their mistakes?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
O

O2VW1.8T

Reaction score
That wont work cause i cant get my phone into fastboot. I got it in fastboot yesterday but it said battery low and wouldnt charge it for some reason.

I have rooted a bunch of phones 4 droid 1's my first one and all my friends, droid 2, thunderbolt was mine but gave it to my wife. I just dont understand why it wont go into fastboot so i can reflash it and it will be good.

painweaver

Reaction score
Im having this same problem... my battery was nearly dead too. Anyone have a suggestion?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same happened to me yesterday but when I plugged it in it went to a battery only screen and charged, after it read 60% I was able to get into fastboot and restore my phone...

...as far as the insurance fraud post, DF does not condone those kind of actions and they have negative effects on the community and consumer as a whole

painweaver

Reaction score
Im having this same problem... my battery was nearly dead too. Anyone have a suggestion?

Presi

Reaction score
Charge your battery and try to force it into fast boot?

painweaver

Reaction score
I may need to get a battery mounted charger. it isnt taking a charge from the phone. by forcing it, you mean hold down the power button + volume keys? Or is there another way?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Plug it into a wall outlet using the charging block and wait for it to get to 60% before you try to use fastboot

painweaver

Reaction score
its charging now. The moto dualcore screen is the only screen I can get. I'll let it sit charging for a little longer.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Give it a few hours, if not when you do get into fastboot and try to flash the files it will give you a "low battery" warning and will not start the process until a sufficient charge is provided