Breaking News: Tom Brady Suspended 4 Games

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
pMMCMpf.jpg

S5 tap'n
Hey I even provided photographic evidence. Photoshop? What's that?
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet". Abraham Lincoln.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Reactions: cr6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No Photoshop or other thing I could find is as humorous as who the "independent investigator" is going to be. Goodell, Mr "ignorance is no excuse" is going to have the final say? Brady will get at least 2 games without pay for the simple fact that Goodell will never admit the league is imperfect, whether Brady is guilty or not. If it is found he's guilty and Belicheck doesn't get punished, the league owes Sean Payton an apology.
There's a LOT of political influence in New England and some in power have not forgotten Mr Brady didn't show up to the white house with the rest of the team. Americans might have short attention spans and memories but politicians don't.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Whether Brady is guilty or not? Do you honestly think those guys did that without Brady's knowledge and direction? Give ma a break. And every QB they've asked said he'd know the difference in air pressure.

NE under Belichick is just a culture of cheating and questionable gamesmanship. But, yeah, it's well known Goodell/Kraft were buddy-buddy and he's taken it easier on NE punishments in some cases while turning a blind eye in others.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As much as I would enjoy piling on, the reality is I do not believe NE is the only team cheating. In a copycat league where the stakes are high I doubt that 31 other teams are doing it by the book while only one team is cheating. NE is the only team to have been caught plus they were caught cheating before. Similar to getting caught speeding, you were not the only one, in fact there is a guy about to pass drive by you and the cop speeding. You was caught and the cleaner your record the more chance you have at getting a warning vs a ticket.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ehh, I think that's a strawman argument that assumes all or most teams are unethical. There's "accepted" forms of cheating like PED's, and then there's what NE does. NE is just a gross outlier on too many measurables, with mostly mediocre talent except for Brady and a few others, to not smell badly. They have a lot of resources, stat crunchers and the like (which is legit, but what may not be legit is the data they use and how it's obtained). Also the only team that has a few mysterious characters that no one, including many with the organization, knows what they do.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
NE under Belichick is just a culture of cheating and questionable gamesmanship.
I think this comment sums things up nicely. Even Coach Don Shula, (the epitome of class & fair sportsmanship) thinks Belichick is a cheat and publicly said so earlier this year. That's pretty bad when a retired great like Shula calls you out.
As much as I dislike the Patriots, I don't think Brady deserves to sit out this many games.

S5 tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whether Brady is guilty or not? Do you honestly think those guys did that without Brady's knowledge and direction? Give ma a break. And every QB they've asked said he'd know the difference in air pressure.

NE under Belichick is just a culture of cheating and questionable gamesmanship. But, yeah, it's well known Goodell/Kraft were buddy-buddy and he's taken it easier on NE punishments in some cases while turning a blind eye in others.
my personal opinion is he's guilty. Not only for what he was find guilty for. And so is Arron Rogers and many others.
My point earlier is, like others before him, guilt or innocence doesn't matter and never did.
Why Belicheck wasn't involved in the investigation, the punishment, etc just plain stinks to me. As Goodell said before "ignorance is no excuse".
Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Reactions: cr6

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
my personal opinion is he's guilty. Not only for what he was find guilty for. And so is Arron Rogers and many others.
My point earlier is, like others before him, guilt or innocence doesn't matter and never did.
Why Belicheck wasn't involved in the investigation, the punishment, etc just plain stinks to me. As Goodell said before "ignorance is no excuse".
Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Agree with all of this. Belichick should have gotten a significant suspension. Heck, he should have been suspended for Spygate. There's some shady things going on in that organization, and this is all probably just the tip of the iceberg.

Not that I remotely think Belichick banned from the facilities would stop him from coaching in any way.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I keep seeing stories of how Goodell and others are stating the players overwhelmingly asked Goodell to be the arbitrator in their last contract negotiation. What they're leaving out was how it came to pass. Yes they did so but it's because of the way it was attached. It was attached like a spending bill to pay the military. Add a bunch of pork to it and pass it all or none. If the players wanted insurance they had to pass accept the Goodell pork. They held their noses and voted yes so they could make sure they got what they needed . The ,then current, and future players had to give a wannabe dictator his way in order to get long term health care from an entity responsible for their life long injuries .
Brady guilty or not guilty, Belicheck getting away with quite a bit of nefarious activities over the years all take a back seat to the dictators definition of integrity and decisions are made today to attempt to make up for buffoon decisions made yesterday. The owners are now publicly coming out in support of Goodell decisions. What other choice do they have until his term comes up when he holds all the power and has shown he'll use it even if it's a stupid decision?
Brady picked a really bad time to get caught cheating lol

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
^^^right.....The Steelers were the only ones who voted against it, because several of their players had already gotten the shaft from Goodell and they knew that should have been a deal breaker.

Makes me sick. Goodell is borderline incompetent, but was lucky enough to be riding an unstoppably rising wave. And for that he gets $40M+ a year. Most overpaid CEO in the world.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
They need to make them ineligible to play in the playoffs next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If Brady would've said "yeah I did it. So what?" The penalty against the team would probably have been nil and he'd have only gotten 2 games without pay, a pittance to him.
They scored a lot more points after the balls were inflated to the correct level than when they were soft. They blew the Colts out, plain and simple.
I agree the attempt to cover it up was the issue, not what they did.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Mark,

I disagree, and I disagree based on statistics.

Sharp Football Analysis

The Patriots cheat, Belichick knew it being a second-time cheater, and should be fired! I'm tired of future HOF'ers getting catered to.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The nfl is more interested in image than justice Urban. As it stands now Goodell has to make his ruling on what will make it go away fastest. He'd Brady admitted it the issue would be over and Americans with their short memory and attention span would've already moved on.
As far as Belicheck,I agree and I wrote above it sucks he's getting away without any penalty especially in light of what happened to the Saints coaches and players at their appeal and Goodell dismissing the truth to for image sake only.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

JiveTurkee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 6
Goodhell shouldn't be the one who hears the appeal. I hate the Cheatriots** more than anybody but Goodhell will be in a corner ruling on the appeal. If he reduces the suspension then he makes the whole process illegitimate. If he responded to uphold he will hear arguments that he isn't giving a fair appeal. I personally think he's the worst commissioner in my lifetime but in all fairness he should recuse himself from the appeal. I agree that the NFL is more about image and that is Goodhell's mantra.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk