Bought galaxy S off of wirefly, how long till it activates?

ieo

Reaction score
My Galaxy S got here about 1o hours ago, and my phone still hasn't shut off like it said it would. my other concern is how am i supposed to dial the *228 number when the only things i can do on it right now are call emergency or activate it normally? if anyone could give me advice on either of these things it would be great, thanks

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you actually call VZW and activate your ESN?

joeshell20

Reaction score
Try and pull the battery then try and activate. If that don't work, call Verizon. Pretty much your only two options.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
I

ieo

Reaction score
when i try to activate it normally it says its not able to, and the directions that came with it said not to contact verizon to activate it

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you still need to add ur esn to verizons system (assuming ur under contract there) so ull need to call..

OP
I

ieo

Reaction score
when I paid for the phone all of my account info was given to them

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
when I paid for the phone all of my account info was given to them

Idk contact them. Might have to wait til Friday seeing tomorrow is a holiday for them to do anything with ur account.

Sent from my DROIDX

joeshell20

Reaction score
Why would a company sell you a phone then tell you not to contact the carrier if there is a problem with activation? Sounds a bit suspicious. You should call Verizon support, regardless of what they said. Hope your new phone has a clear esn otherwise you have a few phone calls to make to wirefly.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Wirefly

Reaction score
My Galaxy S got here about 1o hours ago, and my phone still hasn't shut off like it said it would. my other concern is how am i supposed to dial the *228 number when the only things i can do on it right now are call emergency or activate it normally? if anyone could give me advice on either of these things it would be great, thanks

Please PM me your order number and I will have our activations manager look into this. We ship the phone so that you can complete the activation yourself, but we dont swap the ESN's in your account with Verizon until we have confirmation from FedEx that you have received the phone. We do this so you do not lose service on your old phone until the new phone arrives.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

OP
I

ieo

Reaction score

Please PM me your order number and I will have our activations manager look into this. We ship the phone so that you can complete the activation yourself, but we dont swap the ESN's in your account with Verizon until we have confirmation from FedEx that you have received the phone. We do this so you do not lose service on your old phone until the new phone arrives.

do you know how long it should take approximately? It's killing me to sit here and stare at this thing without being able to use it

jefbystereo

Reaction score
When I ordered my Droid1 I had a similar problem. I think something happened when they tried to setup my account and my old phone never shut off. Its good to see someone from wirefly on here offering to help. I got mine from dell and it took me about a week of calling them, finally I called verizon and they got it setup.

Droid101

Reaction score

do you know how long it should take approximately? It's killing me to sit here and stare at this thing without being able to use it

In all reality I cant speak for the wirefly themselves but once they switch the ESN number on the computer then all you have to do is *228 and thats it. The whole *228 should only take 2-5 min. From when you get notification your ESN is set. :)