Bootscreen still says "Liberty" after nandroid restore

drinksprite

Reaction score
I flashed the Liberty Rom yesterday for the droid 2. I didn't like it cuz it kept turning off my phone for no reason. So I did a nandroid restore, now when my phone boots up it still has the LIBERTY logo instead of the old Motorola "M" screen. My phone also runs extremely slow and glitchy now, I want to unroot it and take it back to verizon so asurion can send me a new one. What do I do to get my old "M" screen back?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Look for a thread in the droid x hacks section titled custom boot logos I'll create. It has the stock m on the first or second page. What kind of issues are you having that your sending it back?

tappin and a talkin

OP
D

drinksprite

Reaction score
thanks for the replies, i'll take a look at the .sbf stuff and the custom boot logos today. well the phone is just acting really werid now, REALLY slow and glitchy. I'll just be browsing through my screens or apps or anything really and it'll freeze up. Also my battery drained all the way last night while i was sleeping for some reason.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well before returning it I would follow want a droid's advice and sbf, but before returning it try using it for a while after sbfing. Maybe a fresh start will get you straight.

tappin and a talkin

miketoasty

Reaction score
Install Liberty Toolbox, change boot logo. Uninstall liberty toolbox.

The primary boot logo is stored somewhere that nandroid backups don't touch, not sure where.

Edit: Sorry only read half your post. But SBF and see how it is running after that as it should fix it, plus newer models are alot worse than the older ones from what I have heard. Plus they may give you a Droid 2 global which has little customization ability.

OP
D

drinksprite

Reaction score

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There's a thread stickied at the top of the droid 2 hacks section called droid 2 hacking Rom install class. It has a great sbf tutorial.

tappin and a talkin

OP
D

drinksprite

Reaction score
so im getting acquainted with the procedure now. i noticed though that the rsdlite program is now 4.8, and doesn't come with the patch. does it matter? the zip folder is called "RSDLite 4.8 patched" so im assuming its already patched...it only comes with the .msi file

another question, will i need to delete my bootstrap recover app?

Last edited:
OP
D

drinksprite

Reaction score
the sbf guide in the droid 2 hack section worked. thanks a lot!!! dancedroid