Want to restore my droid.

MafiaJoe

Reaction score
I restored my droid back to my original settings when I did a backup, but the Liberty logo is still on, how do I get rid of it? So does that mean the ROM is still installed? How would I restore the factory rom as well?

still kinda new at this, thank you.

phone: Droid 2

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
There are two ways to accomplish this...

The first is to download a MAster OTA File, copy to sdcard and install in recovery.

The second is to download the SBF file and reflash the phone using RSD Lite.

Hope this helps! Any more questions let me know!

OP
MafiaJoe

MafiaJoe

Reaction score
Thx kaos, so I just plug it in my usb and enter pc mode plus debugging? Make sure that I have 2.30. Sbf then I hit start to flash it? Just like that?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

shizumie

Reaction score
There are two ways to accomplish this...

The first is to download a MAster OTA File, copy to sdcard and install in recovery.

The second is to download the SBF file and reflash the phone using RSD Lite.

Hope this helps! Any more questions let me know!

Great info! I have been looking for this also, need to go back stock to take phone to verizon. Have never used sbf, and sometimes when my cable is connected it will randomly disconect, so would rather do sd card install.
Does anybody know were to get a good safe master ota file? and would i use clockwork ( bootstrap recovery) or droid stock (hold x) recovery?

Thanks!

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Does anybody know were to get a good safe master ota file? and would i use clockwork ( bootstrap recovery) or droid stock (hold x) recovery?

Thanks!

What Droid are you using Shizumie???
If i don't have one....I can find it for ya! ;)

dbst

Reaction score
Thx kaos, so I just plug it in my usb and enter pc mode plus debugging? Make sure that I have 2.30. Sbf then I hit start to flash it? Just like that?

You need to be in the bootloader to flash a sbf, hold up while powering the phone on

OP
MafiaJoe

MafiaJoe

Reaction score

You need to be in the bootloader to flash a sbf, hold up while powering the phone on

When I flashed it, I was on my phone's desktop... is that bad? It just restarted and worked perfectly by itself. Next time ill go to bootloader.

Sent Via Liberty Droid 2 Yeee!

shizumie

Reaction score

Thanks!

What Droid are you using Shizumie???
If i don't have one....I can find it for ya! ;)

lol sorry, guess i should have added that.

Droid 2
settings/about phone/
android version /
kernel version / 2.6.32.9-g462500f
build number / vzw
mod/rom /liberty v1.5

been running watermarkd just switched to orange, dont know if that matters.

My phone will random disconnect reconnect usb on computer, so would much rather use a recovery if possible.
thanks!