Boot animation stuck

jbundang9

Reaction score
My boot animation was set to a BIOS-looking one. When I try to change it, (FRM, Copy/paste, Flashing, etc.) It indicates it worked, but the boot animation remains the same. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Ive got a boot animation you can flash to your phone! Check the other thread. There is also the bone stock if you prefer

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
jbundang9

jbundang9

Reaction score
I would if I could change my boot animation:)

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
DL the boot animation .zip that you want and move it to your sd card. Then reboot recovery with d2 bootstrapper and choose install zip. Then find the zip and install. You can also install fission boot animations you downloaded by this method. Goodluck!

I have come across a boot animation for the thunderbolt that did what you described where it said installed but kept my old one. I figured it was just poorly written as all others have worked for me

OP
jbundang9

jbundang9

Reaction score
Yes, that is what i consider flashing a boot anim. Ive tried that on all the boot animations i have, they all get the same result.

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Oh bummer, was hoping it was just a bad zip and that others would work for ya

djakrse

Reaction score
My boot animation was set to a BIOS-looking one. When I try to change it, (FRM, Copy/paste, Flashing, etc.) It indicates it worked, but the boot animation remains the same. Any suggestions?

If I had to guess, you've been installing them to /system/media, but you forgot you installed your last one at /data/local.

OP
jbundang9

jbundang9

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that and let you know how it goes.

djakrse

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that and let you know how it goes.

To be clear, there's nothing wrong with installing to /system/media; keep doing it. If you find one at /data/local, just remove it and the new one in /system will play. :)