BlurryBread/Android-wifi-tether/SSL

D_meist

Reaction score
So I've been running blurry bread. I installed android-wifi-tether, and tethered my laptop to my phone. But everytime I visit a site that requires SSL, stupid verizon intercepts the connection, telling me to subscribe to 3G mobile hotspot (which I have no intention of doing).

Never had this problem when I was running rubiX 2.0.1

Anyone have a workaround for this?

Snow02

Reaction score
It's because gb detects you using the app and switches to tether mode. If you want to "risk it", you can flash the tether patch.

jmart8684

Reaction score
It sucks esp for those who didn't abuse the it. P3droid was writing people using over 140gb of data a month, using it for Xbox live, and other crazy things like that. I used tether, and never went past 6gb between that, cell phone data, Pandora etc

kennydied23

Reaction score
Stop tethering ASAP. Since you tried tethering you're going to have to watch out, you might get hit hard on your bill or something might happen to your phone service...

OP
D

D_meist

Reaction score
Hmm...I guess its back to froyo for me. Can't live without tethering.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

D_meist

Reaction score
It's because gb detects you using the app and switches to tether mode. If you want to "risk it", you can flash the tether patch.

What's the risk? The patch might not work? It might brick my phone?

rgray331975

Reaction score
It worked fine for me. I've never used over 5g, but I did remove it....(just in case there listening) haha

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Snow02

Reaction score

What's the risk? The patch might not work? It might brick my phone?

The risk is verizon finding out you've been tethering and charging you.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
The whole thing is BS.I tried tethering on a GB,let them come after me,I used .89GB last month and 1.3GB this month....I have wifi home and at work...I only tethered 3x in 4 months,I just like to know its there in a pinch...its just like everything else,some people abuse it,and instead of taking them out,everyone pays...

Snow02

Reaction score
Yeah. I'm not stressing it. But I rarely if ever use it myself. Like you said, just good to know it's there if you need it. Power outage, etc.

OP
D

D_meist

Reaction score
What about something like the full version of pda net? Supposedly it allows access to sites with SSL but I have never tried it.

DJxPanda

Reaction score
What about something like the full version of pda net? Supposedly it allows access to sites with SSL but I have never tried it.

I believe pda net is ok. Its just that the 3g mobile hotspot hack was breaking vzns tos. So.. they're. Sadly cracking down. :(

Scallywag1

Reaction score
The whole thing is BS.I tried tethering on a GB,let them come after me,I used .89GB last month and 1.3GB this month....I have wifi home and at work...I only tethered 3x in 4 months,I just like to know its there in a pinch...its just like everything else,some people abuse it,and instead of taking them out,everyone pays...

Agreed.....flashed patch. Only use it sparingly